Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt # 531 16 -24 Feb

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    White Pen

Heya
        Welcome to Scavenger Hunt #531 ! Participants who have not had a turn creating a scavenger hunt list for us can do so by posting to this thread.

Here are our rules for this week:
        All items on the list must be sketched from life–not imagination nor photo references
        Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
        You may place multiple objects together in a painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
        All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.
        Challenges may be done on any of the 26 items, and count as both the item and the challenge.

Scavenger Hunt #531 will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
        Everybody who completes the list of items and challenges during that time gets a hug free !

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!

List : Goofy

part of an open milk carton
        favorite Pasta + Sauce
        Something transparent , like nylons …:cat:
        a shopping car
        a boot rest on a seat
        Loaf of bread
        A coathanger
        A knife , no , your knife …
        A vegetable, in makro like old banana with brown dots ….
        View of you ..of your total backside.
        a simple paper cup
        Pickle any ..
        a Book , in case you have more …than all:wink2:
        Clouds
        Box/card of matches
        a stick any like chop , walking etc….
        A vinyl record
        Chocolate
        Paint brush of your cosmetics …:clear:
        part of your fav. cold food
        Ice ring if no around go to the beach and draw ….
        Something you dislike
        you best wine in the cellar ok no alk at home then best carrote juice ….
        Your drawing stuff bag / box
        make a handmade paperplane …than draw it.

Challenges:

1. Forget the rules! Draw….
        2. Put a small object in your pocket and draw it by feel only
        3. Illustrate the word ‘simplicity’.

Have fun , get a pen and go for it…
        Love to see your drawings…
        It´s the parctical expereince what you get out of this ..

Cheers W.P.

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

Eye

Thanks WP for the list … uhm… need my thinking cap on…:lol: esp. for simplicity…

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
            https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

White Pen

Heya

Eye , keep calm :wink2: just do what´s easy , thought to give the short list a long twist…:)

Cheers W.P. here the temperature fall from -1°C down > -11°C at night very unusual …stopping ironing my t-shirts .

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

Pine Cone

WP – Great list WP :) I love “goofy” :)

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Pine Cone

item #1 – “something you[/color] [used to] dislike”

faux flower

Challenge: illustrate the word simplicity

(background from imagination)[/color]

When I was a kid I didn’t like fake flowers. But later on, I grew to love them. They sell such beautiful faux foliage at Hobby Lobby!!!

Tools:

iPad Pro, Apple Pencil.

Procreate app for the sketch.

Art Studio app for the downsize, crop, border, and export.[/color]

Process:

Virtual watercolor on virtual panel.

Freehand, no drafting tools or tracing, digital or otherwise.

No grid or smoothing or symmetry or cloning, digital or otherwise.

No filters or effects. No color intensification or exaggeration.

Reference located a few inches away.[/color]

White Pen

Heya

Hi PC , great your in ,in the goofy stuff :wave: ,
                            fake flowers on digi pad nice idea and you get out a calm mood .:thumbsup:

PC Try more of that … ;)

Cheers W.P. love to see more of your drawings , just do it ….:wave:

BearStar

i like goofy!

i like chocolate too
                                so i had to digi-sketch quickly
                                or it would just be a wrapper:lol:

the best part of using the Lenovo Yoga Book is the penlike stylus
                                instead of using mouse or finger
                                ~stephanie

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]
                                ~stephanie

WP, thanks for the goofy list. I’m only about 200 miles from a beach and farther than that from ice, at least today. Guess I can use the edge of the ponds/lakes out back about 500 feet away! Ha, ha.

Pine Cone, lovely and soft.

Stephanie, disappearing chocolate, indeed. Nice.

Off to baseball today.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                My website https://jocastilloart.com

White Pen

Heya

Fellow painters just looking at the goofy list do figure out where to start and yesss i made a simple short plan by going in piece by piece.:eek:

BS Nice wrapper hope nougat inside :wink2:
                                    JC Glad you in the goofyness too , get some base – on – ball bearing pen :wave:

Cheers W.P. may the drawing power with you …..:crossfingers:

Pine Cone

WP – I love your idea to make a paper airplane and then draw it!!! I’m working on it right now, but I think it will probably take me several weeks. The reason is that I want to paint the paper myself first. And then figure out how to make the airplane. And then sketch it :lol: For me, that’ll take some time, but I’m going to keep working on it :) Thanks for the terrific idea WP :)

P.S. – To all of you in the U.S. enjoying this three-day outdoorsy holiday, be safe out there, and have fun!!!

Eye

Vha …vieeee…
                                            #1 paper plane
                                            #2 seat (from a local chain cafe)

#3 book (an autobio. of a young inspiring Ph.D Thai Prof. who grew up from hunting garbage with his mother for living..)
                                            #4 cosmetics brush (a mascara brush… I had not used it for years…)

Ai

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Eye

Stephanie: Wonderful candy

PC: Lovely faux flower…

Jo: Have fun…

All: Hi y’all

Ai

Scattykat

WP….wacko list, love it.
                                                    PC , very sweet flower…
                                                    Stephanie, mm, choccies, yep, and sadly I save all the sparkly wrappers with the intention of doing a klimty like painting using them…one day…lovely drawing…
                                                    Ai, well done doing the paper plane, nice green seats, good work on the book, and I remember my ole ma in law using one like that many years ago, well done on all…

1. Coat hanger, simple ya said, I tried t keep it so.
                                                    2. Book.
                                                    3. Bag for arty stuff.
                                                    …all on A4 page in grot sketchy, mixed media.

…off to find me goofy tomoz 😜
                                                    :cat: :wave:

Scatty ....
                                                    ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

White Pen

Heya

SC , Eye both well done , see the fun in the drawings :thumbsup: .
                                                        PC give the plane a go !:wave:

Here my caos as always … keeped some items out for the grand final :lol:

A5 paper – 0,5 Ink Copix time 30 and 45 min , 5 min i´m on search 0,1 or 0,3 or 0,5 pen ….:wink2:

now the turn around thing simple , again upload and ups , it’s not a impressive way do deal without numbers…:angel:

Enjoy the drawings , Cheers W.P.

Ai, some good finds on your hunt. The book sounds interesting. I like the green seat. Haven’t seen a mascara brush in ages.

Scatty, your simple got a bit complicated! The book looks like I could pick it up and read it. Good job on the bag grids. Wow.

WP, a page of fun. Nice to find the shopping cart and backside!

At baseball I found my daughters boots and sketched in between scoring, about 5 minutes without the breaks. No time to add the people two rows down. Ha. Pencil.

Number 1, boot rest on a seat

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                                        My website https://jocastilloart.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.