Stinking up the whole house but spray paint is fun! This is on a piece of scrap wood, I obviously need to practice before I'll paint on the real wall. Stereotypical piece I know, I'm not trying to be creatively inventive, just trying to figure out how spray paint works, how caps work.... watched a lot of youtube videos before starting.
1. don't use a heavy wide rimmed jar to cover planets, it makes an ugly rim.
2. Have to work SUPER FAST. Spray paint dries instantly, makes acrylics seem slow drying. (I am used to oils taking days or weeks to dry).
3. needle cap and standard cap make nice stars, orange fat cap and astro cap only make soft fuzz, not stars.
4. Use way more colored paints than I did, most will be hidden by the time I am done.
5. silver makes nice distant grey stars, transp. white makes medium stars, opaque white makes closer stars.