Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Friday 13 December 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Don

Good morning all. It was a rainy night in Georgia last night. Almost an inch of rain fell and it is still coming down. Forecast has the rain lasting well into the night.

I took my macro lens out yesterday morning but it was cold, overcast and windy so conditions were not ideal. I was shooting hand held and I ended up having to back off a bit to get a better depth of field.

Here is a photo of a rusty nail head showing limited depth of field.

I backed off a few inches to get this turkey tail shot.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
        Immortalized forever
        With silver and light"

damar

Happy Friday All,
            Don, now I see why it is named turkey tail
            fungus.
            Both have interesting color and textures.
            Its pouring here. Looks like we’re socked in for the day.

This is yesterday afternoon;
            increasing overcast and turkey vultures coming in to roost.

Fujifilm X100F

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
            Photos are ©2021
            Cameraman

My illustration is taken under very low house light using cam ev minus 0.33 and histogram slot 3 centered Levels settings 0 108 230 RGB Values

Norm Dunne
                Lover of the Old Masters Art Period

damar

Ran Out of Rocks?

Hi Norm

Photos are ©2021
                    Anonymous

Triskaidekaphiles, rejoice!

Neat photos, Damar. The first one is pretty cool; could be a burger patty cooked medium-rare. The turkey tail photo is really nice, and it almost looks like a rock with different colored strata. Nice composition on the water tower shot. And your other one – super “urban-decay” photo with a great title.

Hi Norm. Sweet shot of the stuffed Christmas bear.

Quite foggy here this morning, but probably no rain today.

White Alyssium and a succulent taken about 30 minutes ago…

[Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300mm taken at 95mm, manual mode, 1/500 sec, f/8, ISO 500, processed in ACR then PSCS5]

Have a great day and an even better weekend, folks.

damar

Oh how pretty, Dave!
                            You still have flowers too!
                            Thanks for comments!
                            Triskaid—–I had to look that one up!
                            Ah Ha! Friday the 13th.
                            Nope, not superstitious!

Photos are ©2021
                            Anonymous

Oh how pretty, Dave!
                                You still have flowers too!
                                Thanks for comments!
                                Triskaid—–I had to look that one up!
                                Ah Ha! Friday the 13th.
                                Nope, not superstitious!

Those who fear the number 13 are triskaidecaphobes.

Those weird folk like me who like the number are called triskaidecaphiles.

(Both are sometimes spelled with a “k” instead of a “c”.)

Thanks for the comments about my simple little photo. Yeah, we have some kind of flower pretty much year round. Alyssium is one of my favorites – clusters of tiny, delicate white (or blue or purple) blossoms with yellow centers. And, at least in my experience, they return year after year and spread nicely – especially if you take any dried out parts with their seeds and simply place them on the ground wherever you want more in a month or two.

damar

Oooohhhh ok! I clicked on the wrong wiki description!
                                    Right now its cold, gray rainy and Blah, so your flowers look great!
                                    We are able to keep pansies most of the winter.
                                    They are normally planted here in the fall.
                                    (its the summer heat they cant take!)

Another from yesterday
                                    (nothing great)
                                    Just camera in hand—

Photos are ©2021

A fun assortment of pics everyone.
                                    Thanks, Patty, for starting the daily. I am so happy when there is an assortment, it seems to provide me an opportunity to post something I wouldn’t normally share.

Here is a water tower surrounded by billows of steam coming from the Pere Marquette 1225.

If you want an interesting story about the club’s photo shoot, you can read about it in a new thread here:

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1474409

Patty,
                                    Love the title of your photo. That’s really a clean surroundings for a building that looks like it has been vacant for year.
                                    The vultures in your water tower shot must be hungry AND thirsty.

Dave,
                                    You are lucky to have flowers year round, especially since that is one of your major subjects. You are lucky to have warm weather too year round. But, I do love the change of the seasons, it just gets a little tough to make it through the winter as I get older.

Norm,
                                    Time to get out and take Anne shopping for the 2019 bear. Do you have a big collection?

Don,
                                    Turkey Tail, appropriately called, well photographed.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Anonymous

Don, sincere apologies for misattributing those first 2 photos to Damar. Geesh! I should have been able to recognize your style by now.

Cameraman

Lorrell

I will not be howling with my bad right leg My skin is very and makes hard to walk outside Our GP has had many tests done T our local hospital but have not HAD to stay to stay in I am to stay at home at least I am looking forward to working with my 3 Slot Hstogram Peak 3 Image bracket and Levels Values

rgram Peak

Norm Dunne

Cameraman

Lorrell

I wii not be doing a great deal l this Christmas Season/ My right leg has skim as tight as a snare drum. 0ur GP had me in for hospital tests We will hear the results next week This will just take time

Norm Dunne

Norm, I am sorry to hear about your sore leg and hope that it is nothing to serious. Hopefully they can give you something topical to bring you some relief. You take it easy and enjoy your camera and playing with your exposure.

LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                                                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Cameraman

Thanks Lorell

Norm Dunne

Don

Don, sincere apologies for misattributing those first 2 photos to Damar.

No worries, Dave. :thumbsup:

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
                                                        Immortalized forever
                                                        With silver and light"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.