Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Friday 12th July 2019 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Good morning all :wave:

I hope you got back to sleep Geoff, up at 3.30am:eek:

Overcast at the moment but a high pressure system is approaching from the Atlantic this weekend so the hot weather will return. I’m OK now I have the fan.

Supermarket shopping this morning, I’ll get ingredients for baking.

We had five of the class turn up for Plein air sketching yesterday and we sketched on the canal, resorting to the cafe when it started to rain. Ruth had a few hours with her knitting friends at the pub by the canal bridge and I had a good time bowling (not holing :) ).

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Tracy2000

Doug, you actually bake when it gets that hot? My self-imposed rule is no oven use in the summer unless we have some unusually mild days (like last week).

It has gotten so humid here (very unusual for WA) that my watercolors are not drying if I close the palette at night…I leave it open where the box fan can dry it. Cannot imagine anyone in a regularly humid climate using honey based paints! Geez, just caught Leo drinking the paint water when I wasn’t looking…that cat can smell pigment water from across the house (up late doing my world watercolor mini effort for the day).

ETA a cat photo…here is Oscar breaking into the freeze dried chicken treats. He even woke me up in the wee hours last night because he was tring to open the nightstand drawer where they are kept (last night I closed it all the way! this human has now been trained!)

~Tracy
        "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter.”. Martin Luther King, Jr.

shipbroker

Grey but dry….did eventually return to sleep,Eileen had bad night too.
            Gardening perhaps??
            Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Tracy, we have got to eat and it is cost effective. We don’t live in the kitchen so the oven doesn’t affect us.

EDIT We are more affected by the sun from our south facing patio doors so we have an awning and electric blinds – and my fan :) We don’t open the door much because we get radiated heat from the patio paving.

Good morning Geoff glad you got some sleep.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

rossmarie

Good morning all.

Rather intensive choir practice last night. Very tired afterwards and slept like a log – unusual! What a great cricket result against Australia – made my day! Hope we can beat NZ in the final. It will be close.

Like the cat picture Tracy; Oscar looks like he is reading the instructions on the bag!

Yes Doug – forecast looks good. Hope it doesn’t get too hot and humid. Ann is trying to shake off the same bug I had and she now has bronchitis which makes breathing difficult. Will have a quiet day and probably watch Wimbledon and the Federer/Nadal semi final. What a great player Federer is and makes the game look easy!

Not a cloud in the sky here. Have a good day everyone.

Mike 😊

shadye1

My Fig tree died, despite regular watering.
                    Cat creeping around the garden looking for shade.
                    I bought roof bars and a top box for the Skoda
                    it swallows our clothes,pillows, towels etc. and
                    two rolled Duvalays.

Still suffering colds/virus or whatever …..

ScarletLake

:cat: HELLO EVERYONE:cat:

OK I’m finally back to post. It is 4AM & I’m up!!!! Yes Mercury is in retrograde this month & our mattress delivery day was moved from Wed. morn till this morning. Also a vet appt for one of the cats was rescheduled till this afternoon. :lol:

We had a pretty day yesterday with a breeze that felt wonderful last evening. I’ve seen our temps for next week HOT & HOTTER!!!

I have a book to start & have read by Thursday evening for the library book club. I can’t believe a whole month has gone by so fast since the last meeting.

OK here goes:

Bill—Very impressive garden boxes. Love the deer family. I don’t blame Ms. Ferral trying to stay cool.

Sylvia—Great pic of Larry & your daughter.

JJ—hope the sun damage spots are healing & your eyelid does well. Sounds like you are staying busy.

Kay—Sure hope you get your hip operation soon. Or did you already have it.

Geoff—I have signed up for a short Geneagology class in August. This should get me started. I’d like to give it a try this fall & winter

Uschi—hope your room painting is going well. Sounds like your cataract surgery went well.

Char—I hope that Ted is able to have this done local. I sure hope he feels better soon.

Tracy—I ran across 2 boxes of new jelly canning jars in my cleaning out. Wish you were closer I would give them to you.

Lynn M. —Dance away

Darla—Sounds like you are getting a lot of work done on your home too. Great update on all the kids & grand kids. Hopefully Jen will move closer & just 1 more year & the oldest grand daughter will be finished with college.

Nancy—-Sorry that your back is giving you fits. You know if Ross Perot had become president that might have been interesting too.

Steve—I sure feel for Lisa. I still have to take Neurotin for my post shingles rib pain. My ribcage & upper back have never been the same since the Shingles. On the political front it’s getting very interesting. Lots of mis steps on you know who & I think this Epstein thing will bring down a lot of people. I see men falling like dominoes. Karma will get you every time. I had felt that we had not yet seen the person on the Dems side step forward. Just saw this week a billionaire has stepped up. Don’t know anything about him yet but I will do my research.

Well I think I’ll make myself something to eat. Maybe get started on that book. I have to stay home for mattress delivery anytime between 8-12pm.

Everyone take care

Anita

Lulu

What a great cricket result against Australia – made my day! Hope NZ can beat us in the final. It will be close.

Mike 😊

My thoughts exactly Mike…. ;)

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

doppler

Our team got what they deserved. :thumbsup:

… the culture has not changed.

Now if it was women’s cricket … much better.

BTW I’m reading a lot of negative dross about the women’s soccer team of the US. It’s only their second World Cup after all.

I would have thought a ticker tape parade through the streets of NY appropriate after their first win. Imagine, remember, the yanks beat the world at the world game, which they don’t really play.

TIcker tape and more expected after their second win. Brilliant balanced intelligent athletes.

To badly quote Muhammad Ali, they talk the talk and they darn well DO it. What’s not to be proud of???

Today, too warm for winter.

:wave:

Annie
                                "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                                Steven Wright
                                My Flickr Site

Good evening everyone. :) :wave:

I had a lovely day. Lunch with Elise and Tania was fun, and I got to sped time with Elise afterwards as she went bra shopping. We caught up on all our news, and spent a most enjoyable hour together.

My new gardener didn’t turn up today as promised to finish the job. I was unhappy he left my driveway in such a mess with garden liter strewn all over it.
                                He finally rang me this evening, his phone was flat, it happens. I suggested he buy a mobile phone charger. :) Telling him I absolutely loved mine.

So, he tells me he has 7 jobs to do tomorrow. :eek: At the speed he works, and estimating each job will take 2 hours, he will have to work 24 hours to get them done, and I doubt very much I will see him Sunday as he promised. We shall see.

We had five of the class turn up for Plein air sketching yesterday and we sketched on the canal, resorting to the cafe when it started to rain. Ruth had a few hours with her knitting friends at the pub by the canal bridge and I had a good time bowling (not holing :) ).

Sounds like the perfect day Doug!

Char how did yours and Teds day go? Looking forward to Skitties photo :D

Nancy, I need to go printer shopping, a chore I procrastinate about, because no matter what I buy it dies within 12-18 months.

Kay :grouphug:

Betty poor Stubby. I imagine super turkey would be very aggressive to protect her chicks. Interestingly, here, our bush turkeys eat their young. Once the egg is hatched, the little chick runs for his life, and fends for himself from the get go.

Those Corel plates were touted as unbreakable once upon a time. Yes I know they break these days. Did it go bang too Ellen?
                                I saved your lemon pasta recipe, it will go very nicely with my zucchini noodles.

Tracy Aaaaaaw Oscar. :)

Exercise does make up sleep better Geoff. xx

Hya Mike, I am deliberately not talking about the cricket. :wink2:

So sorry about your tree Shadye (I am hopeless at names, can you sign yours when posting. :heart:

Annette, hey girl, thank you x

Hya Annie.

JJ
                                Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                                MY BLOG
                                My Youtube videos

shipbroker

Exercise does make up sleep better Geoff.

You are so right..JJ

Cutting grass at moment,that is my exercise for day.

geoff

Anita,that course sounds ideal.

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

rossmarie

My thoughts exactly Mike…. ;)

Somebody has been misquoting me!! That is not what I typed Lulu :evil:

Mike :)

:wave: everyone,
                                        It’s sunny and cool (8) right now with more showers expected later this afternoon. The high will be in the low 20s. Much nicer than yesterday when the temperature dropped all day. I had the windows open and didn’t notice until the heating kicked on even though it’s turned down for the summer. :rolleyes: It will be a good day for some yard work.

Brian and I are going to the gym then we have some shopping to do. I have to get the wash on the line before we go so it’s dry before the showers.

We are trying to make a decision about when to bring our cat back to the vet to be euthanized. He is no better on the Prednisone but the vet wanted to give it 10 days of trial to see if it helped. So early next week but I’ll have to make sure nothing else is planned for that day. We won’t feel like doing anything else. :(

That’s the plans for the day. Pretty typical and not very exciting. I hope you all enjoy your day.

www.ellenspalette.com

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Lovely cool night, got the house cooled down ready for the next onslaught of heat and humidity.

As mentioned yesterday, I’ll be spending all morning moving the sprinkler from one area to another, I hadn’t watered the back garden at all and am absolutely surprised that up to now everything hadn’t keeled over and died. These perennials are obviously well established and deep rooted.

Apart from that my news will be the same as most days for a long time, purging and cleaning and painting one area at the time.

Char, :grouphug: for Ted and I hope the painting in the garden will be a most pleasant experience with some sales involved:crossfingers: Oh, and why is Skitty being shaved again I thought the reason was that the fur was all matted, did that happen again in such a short time since the last shave????

Tracy, wow, your Leo does have a fantastic sense of smell:thumbsup:

Lulu, Annie and Mike I am not into cricket so don’t need to reply to you:D but :wave: to you anyway:)!!

Rod, are you planning on a camping trip??

Mike, my son used to belong to a choir and now plays in the concert band. Ever so often they, the choir and the band, would play these really unmelodious and unharmonious pieces and they would be no joy to listen to and I would complain and wonder why. His answer was that these pieces are a lot more challenging and they enjoy the challenge. I hope your audience enjoys this challenging piece:)

JJ, sounds like your gardener kid is building a nice business, hope he can keep all these customers satisfied.

Hi Doug, Geoff and Anita!!

Uschi

Good Morning! I do have a few minutes to visit while enjoying my first cup of coffee for the day. We’ll need to leave for the hospital in a little over an hour. It’s a blessed 18C for now. The humidity is high, but the cool air is freshening the house. It’s going to heat up.

When we get home from the hospital, I’ll pack up my gear. I cannot remember where I stored our little cooler, which I need to be able to pack ice water and my lunch and snacks for tomorrow. This evening I shouldn’t need anything but my thermos bottle.

I just need to put the Christmas gifts up in a closet, from the spare room where I just toss them as I buy them. The room only needs to have its window opened and freshened. I’ll do that overnight.

I need to prune my heirloom tomato plant. Some of the fruit is suffering blossom end rot and those stems bearing the tomatoes must be removed. :(

Holy Bowly, Doug! Your Class is sure a brave one. I have a hard time dragging my groups outside. Of course, it’s much more comfortable down in the Studio.

Awh… precious Oscar, Tracy! Loving your quilt. :crossfingers: for your new laptop delivery. As much as I like the M. Grahams and Senneliers, I’ve given them up because I like to carry my palette for various venues and it can be really messy.

It could be the phase of the moon, Geoff… this household was a disturbed one also.

My galley kitchen heats up like nobody’s business and I do avoid it during the Summer months. I have really enjoyed the instant pot because I can avoid all the heat of the oven. I do try to plan salads meals and no-bake desserts.

Mike, :crossfingers: that Ann doesn’t succumb to your flu along with her bronchitis!

Rod, I wonder what happened to your tree? Did you plant it in the ground or a large pot? Mine are in two large patio pots that are the dickens to move in and out of doors. So sorry that you’re still feeling the effects of your flu bug.

Anita, you do have a busy day ahead! What book are you reading? I think that Teflon Don will slither out from under all the Epstein slime and his supporters will rally behind him.

Annie, the time for outspoken and equal treatment is now. :) And you’re right… the culture really has not changed.

As soon as Skitty sits still, I’ll try to snap a photo of him. He’s camera shy and absolutely knows when I pull it out. Too bad about your gardener!

Ellen, I feel so bad about your need for this decision.

Uschi, even the field tomatoes were wilting yesterday. More of the same today with the heat. Skitty is a cold weather cat and the heat makes him very lethargic. Keeping him shaved has helped him feel better during these hot months. It’s pretty cloudy today, so watering your gardens will be a good thing. The sun won’t burn them.

I’d better get showered and dressed. Have a great day everyone! :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.