Home Forums Explore Media Printmaking Video of Chinese Moveable Type Printing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Recently a friend of mine shared a video featuring Chinese Movable Type Printing… using techniques that predate our own by 500 years or so. While watching it, I was struck by how clever the equipment is, and also by the simple beauty of the video. The girl in the video is a member of the Wang family, which is one of only two families that still practice the traditional methods. Woodblock printing, engraved with the essence of the ancient Chinese culture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG0MdDS2WI0 I posted a similar thread on another forum, and nobody seemed interested. Am I the only one who finds such things interesting?

[antv]SG0MdDS2WI0[/antv]

"Political Correctness" is just another way to muzzle free expression

travelerjjm

Wow. The calligraphy was all done mirror image?!? Such tedious work.
        I love using the bird.

BeLing

Beautiful!

I find it fascinating. That’s a beautifully made video to boot. (I added it to your post, so people don’t have to leave the site if they don’t want to) The scenery there is incredible.

I wouldn’t find that tedious especially in such a gorgeous setting. It seems like it was a joy to do.

The bird at the end was a lovely touch.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

lensman

Well, almost 5 million people have watched that on YouTube so I guess there are some who are interested!

Art and Jewellery on Etsy
                "The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls." - Pablo Picasso

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.