Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Pen and Ink Help Desk INKTOBER – for those who would like to share their work!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 345 total)
  • Author

A dedicated thread for sharing works you do either following the ‘official’ Inktober themes, or just because you happen to draw in P&I in October!

If you would like to see the official Inktober rules and prompts (subjects) here’s Jake Parker’s official link… Inktober rules and prompts[/URL] ………

or, just draw your own ideas and post ….. as Jake said when he first ‘designed’ Inktober, the aim is to draw regularly and improve!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Michael

Oh cool, a sticky thread even! I will be back later when I actually draw something.

Michael
        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/../Community/images/24-Sep-2010/99382-
        website ,instagram

I’ve added a link to post #1 for those interested in the official Inktober – although the originator’s aim is simply to get people to draw with the medium and post anywhere!:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Tom3775

This is my attempt at a brown recluse.

Michael

:thumbsup: Very nice Tom!

Michael
                website ,instagram

I think that one’s been visiting me Tom! … he’s nicer on paper though!;)

Cheers, Maureen

Thanks for doing this, Maureen. I try to participate each year in InkTober :rolleyes:

Welcome to WetCanvas, Tom! Now that is a mean critter :eek: Speaking of mean, here is my witch using Micron 01 pen on Stillman & Birn sketchbook, Zeta series for the Poisonous prompt; 8×6 inches:

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

indraneel

5×7″, fountain pen, wancher black ink, waterbrush. Reference: bits and pieces of previous sketches at the railway station.

Michael

Great work Kay & Indraneel

Here’s my Day 1 – Poisonous

Michael
                        website ,instagram

Oh Wow! What exciting sketches we have above!

Kay – poisonous and evil!
                        Indrareel – super lines for those figures – love the freshness.
                        Michael – what a great drawing/narrative! surely someone will get the poisoner too?

Cheers, Maureen

gement

I am mostly focused on watercolor abstracts, but I’m being brave and drawing hard pen lines and representational art for Inktober.

I have been really enjoying the time travel show El Ministerio Del Tiempo, which is full of cultural references to Spanish history and art. I have a month of learning from Goya, Picasso, Dali, and Velasquez ahead of me, along with interesting obscure references.

My personal rules for myself to get the most out of this: I can work from existing media but have to freehand everything (no camera lucida to get started on the proportions) and do pen from the beginning, no pencil take-backs. I know pencil is allowed in the spirit of the original, I just am working on the confidence to put lines down without a net.

For the first day, a frame from the credits sequence: “El Tiempo Del Arte”

(C&C welcome but as I’m not composing from scratch I won’t be offended if people pass on it.)

Enthusiastic dabbler. Glammer than you. C&C welcome.
                            artastic

excellent idea \maureen, I try and take part in inktober every year, I will be posting soon

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                                http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

Michael

Gement, good for you for leaping without a safety net…you’re braver than I am as I do a light pencil underdrawing to keep on track. Your drawing is mysterious and a bit ominous! I like it.

Michael
                                    website ,instagram

gement

Thanks, eeglug! Yours has great depth and form; it reminds me of Charles Addams.

indraneel, I love how loose and expressive your lines are.

KreativeK, those facial shapes! I feel like I know a lot about this person. She definitely wears hats and is never seen out of the house without eye liner.

Tom, your spider is elegant.

Enthusiastic dabbler. Glammer than you. C&C welcome.
                                        LoganArt

A light, easy start for the first prompt.

C&C always welcome
                                          Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 345 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.