Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily Topic Challenge #69, Technology, March 17-30, 2019

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Welcome to WC’s Shutterbug Pub Topic Challenge where every two weeks a topic will be posted in a thread and you will have the opportunity to post images that you have taken that you think satisfy the topic. You are only limited by your imagination.

Please read the guidelines before posting.

Topic : Technology, Ancient to modern. Simple to complex.

This is another excellent suggestion from Dave (Droll13). This should be fun

This topic will end: March 30, 2019

Guidelines:
    1) All photos submitted must be yours.
    2) All entries are to be posted directly by each member into this thread in the SHUTTERBUG PUB.
    3) You may post more than one image, however, please submit only one photo per post.
    4) We hope that his activity inspires you to shoot new images and not just pull from your archives. However, images from your archives WILL be allowed as long as your image has NOT been previously posted on Wet Canvas.
    5) You may use software to manipulate or enhance your images.
    6) Since this activity is running in the Shutterbug Forum, if you wish to comment on any entry, we ask that you limit your comments to praise and applause .
    7) Every other Sunday, a new topic challenge will begin.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

maryinasia

Fun!

I’m going to try this and see how it goes down? Can you see both sides of this story in the one image?

Well, I see some sort of circuit board with corrosion. So, maybe at one time it was new technology but now it is old and useless.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Well, I see some sort of circuit board with corrosion. So, maybe at one time it was new technology but now it is old and useless.

The corrosion was both around before the circuit board and indeed was how the circuit board was powered. The problem is all about the old merging with the new via a leaky battery.

Dreamin

I have to admit, Peter, I just don’t get it. But I will take your word for it. Here is mine. I have 3 poultry houses. Each house has a computer inside the house, each of those is connected to my house through a communicator, which allows me to pull up my settings on my computer, which allows me to pull up my settings on my phone. From my computer or phone I can change timers on fans, temperatures on heaters, turn fans and feeders on and off, conrol timed light periods and dark periods, etc. From where I started growing chicks in 1987 here on my farm, that’s impressive technology!! If not for it, I could not be doing what I do.

Natalie

Natalie,
            That is a prime example and well photographed.
            Especially in instances like this, it sure made your job easier. Please don’t mistake that as me saying you have an easy job. No way. I am glad that you have this technology and know how to take advantage of it.

Dreamin

Well, this is one of MY favorite technologies!!!!

Natalie

Dreamin

One of my grand daughter’s favorite technologies. …..Not only is the cell phone great technology, the phone’s cameras are amazing today, and also the filters available ON the cell phone to create images. Gotta love them. :wink2:

Natalie

maryinasia

great selection!

Dick

Natalie, I also love the K machine but I prefer my Bunn. I can make a full pot in the time the K machine warms up. Old tech I know but I couldn’t live without it.

Dick Hutchings
                            Daniel Smith Essential 6 colors and Arches 140#

Dreamin

I also love the K machine but I prefer my Bunn

Well, I make a cup in the AM of regular, a cup at noon, and a decaf in the evening. I am the only one who drinks coffee in this house (well, my German Shepherd eats her breakfast better is she gets a sip of my coffee!) so the Keurig makes more sense for me.

Natalie

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.