Home Forums Explore Media Airbrush Airbrush Recommendations for Beginner – For Spray Clear Coats on Paintings?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi there-

I’m looking to purchase my first airbrush- primarily for spraying isolation coats on my acrylic paintings. I don’t like brush applications because they add too much texture and most spray varnishes or coatings also leave a spattery texture I don’t enjoy. Golden recommended to me that I use their GAC 500 + Airbrush Transparent Extender in an airbrush machine to get a very fine even spray. This sounds ideal to me, but I’m clueless as to what model/type nozzles etc to purchase for this purpose. I’m definitely willing to spend around $100 or even a little more for a really good one. Any Amazon recommendations?

Thank you in advance!:wave:

Jayhawk

Did you ever get an answer? For doing just that a cheep brush like a Master, which is an Iwata knockoff would do fine. If they aren’t large I’d use a gravity feed but for bigger a siphon would work and maybe easier to clean. $25 at harbor freight. Need some air too unless you have a compressor. Badger makes some good cheapies that run off canned air

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.