WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Art Business Center > General Art Business > Internet Sales Strategies
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

View Poll Results: Using a Print On Demand site? Which do like best?
Zazzle 24 19.35%
RedBubble 7 5.65%
CafePress 6 4.84%
Other? (Tell us about it) 15 12.10%
I don't POD, but want to see the poll result. 72 58.06%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2012, 05:03 AM

Re: POD POLL: Zazzle, RedBubble, CafePress or ???

The past few months I have been in the process of starting my own online shop. I have registered to cafepress, society6 and now zazzle.

Cafepress was a little difficult to handle, takes too long to upload an image and create a product. Also my first client contact me to tell me that he never got his order. Of course there was a refund but still... So I switched to society6.

In society6 it is so easy to upload images but for additional products such as bags and t-shirts you have to use the same image file, so the final result may not be very appealing. Plus I ordered a print for myself and it came out a lot darker. I understand that you can't have the perfect result when you don't print yourself but I want the best possible one.

So now I am thinking to give a try to zazzle. Most of you here seem quite satisfied, but I really need to know more about the print quality, maybe someone can upload a photo from a print that have recently obtained from zazzle. This would so much helpful.

Thanx!
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2012, 06:19 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Hi, Norki, and welcome to WetCanvas!

I don't think seeing a photo of a Zazzle print will be helpful, at all. There are too many variables that will determine what you see in that photo -- including the settings of the camera taking the photo, the skill of the photographer, and the calibration of the monitor that photo will be viewed on.

Ordering a sample print (or two) would be a much more reliable way to see the actual quality of a Zazzle print.

I can tell you that Zazzle has long been one of my favorite online print services, consistently producing very high-quality, fade-resistant prints. Currently, I'm maintaining four Zazzle stores and have exhibited and sold Zazzle prints, many times, including in gallery exhibitions.

Most of my large-format work is printed by Zazzle.

With every print service I've used, I've found that I need to lighten my images a bit before printing. This holds true no matter how carefully my monitor is calibrated.

CafePress was a major headache for me; I won't try them again. I've never tried Society6, but am thinking about it. Zazzle is definitely the best of the several that you mentioned, imo. Another great option is FineArtAmerica.com.

But, as I said before, actually ordering prints from any online print service is the best way to feel truly confident about the product received by your buyers.

Best of luck to you!
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeSpy
With every print service I've used, I've found that I need to lighten my images a bit before printing. This holds true no matter how carefully my monitor is calibrated.

Indeed, this is a very useful advice while most sites state that what you see is what you get.

An other thing I wanted to add is that zazzle asked me for an IRS form (I am an European citizen). On society6 and capress you can create your shop with a simple registration.

#64   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-28-2013, 09:17 PM
Veteran Member
Florida

Hails from United States

What is interesting about this thread is that on the front page it says that the last post was: 09-10-2013 01:17 PM
by norki Go to last post
However what I see is date "11-04-2012, 7:06 AM ????????????????

I was to Zazzle a few times and find it to be a Jungle.
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Hi, Five! (Or maybe I should say 'high 5'!)

Every response to this thread's poll counts as a visit. That's why you're seeing a date that has no accompanying comment -- it was someone participating in the poll.

Zazzle has, indeed, become a jungle. They've recently made massive changes to everything from store formats to available products. I'm still trying to figure things out over there, to get my stores back up to speed.

Luckily, with Zazzle's HUGE amounts of traffic, I'm still making sales there, though I have yet to renovate my stores.

The magic of Zazzle lies in the sheer numbers of potential buyers passing through their virtual doors.
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Oregon

Hails from United States

I have a few things on CafePress but don't use it much. I've had a lot of trouble with it and get frustrated.
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2013, 10:47 PM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

I just wanted to make sure all of you know that Etsy changed its business model on Tuesday and now allows drop shipping. Which means you can sell your zazzle et al. stuff on etsy and have them ship it for you.

In January, you'll have to fill out a form about your relationship with your manufacturer, but until then, you can list any item as long as you designed it.
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2013, 03:23 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

That's good to know, Robin. Thanks for the heads up!

Many of the Etsy artists I know have been using drop-shipping all along. I couldn't bring myself to do it . . . but, might give my store there another shot -- now they've made drop-shipping legal.
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Bellingham, Washington

Hails from United States

Wow! Thank you, Robin! I was using drop-shipping for my prints all the time on Etsy, but just realize that I can do this with mug, bags, you name it from Zazzle and Scty6.
By the way, I just started on the last one, and some of my items are not showing up in their site search. That's what they have in their help section about this:
"We use a complex algorithm to return our search results. This includes factors like promotions, time and keywords from various aspects of a post or a member's profile. Beyond that, we don't share the formula.

You can always send people directly to your own store."

Doesn't sound right, ah?