Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia Geometric Butterfly in Neocolors

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SnapV

Here is a little abstracted butterfly I had a lot of fun doing in Neocolor II with some Neocolor I for the lines and Neoart Aquarelle (discontinued but I’m very happy I got some from a member here on the Swap forum :) ). It’s done on on 6×8 inches Strathmore 400 Toned Grey Mixed Media paper.

Let me know what you think!

Virginie

All C&C welcome: I want to improve!

I like it – abstract butterflies. Like stained glass.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

CaliAnn

Love the butterflies! Wonderful colors :)

laika

Nice! I like the colors used on the leaves. I also like that geometric approach; maybe you should explore that further.

You’re making me curious about the Neocolors!

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                - Otto Rank

ColdPress

Virginie, I like this. Especially the contrast between the gem-like panes of the butterfly and leaves, vs. the color gradation in the background.

Just curious … how do you find the medium to work with? … CP

Happy painting! ... CP

SnapV

Thank you Doug, CaliAnn, Lamar and CP!

Lamar – I think I will start a bigger drawing in that style very soon :)

CP – To me Neocolor II are pretty much the most pleasant medium to work with. I love the feel of them on paper (especially the toned grey mixed media Strathmore or on HP watercolour paper) they glide very well. They also dissolve wonderfully in water and have bright intense colours which really is my thing. I also love the waxy feel of them and achieve really cool effect by drawing one colour into another and pressing very hard (they break though so I’m happy I invested in a Caran d’Ache Fixpencil holder for them).

Did you have any other specific question about them as I use them pretty much every day and would be happy to answer :)

Virginie

I like it too because it is different and fun. Hope to see more!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

SnapV

Thank you Kay!

I’ve already started on a new, bigger one on the same vein. :)

Virginie

Virginie – I love it and I think youve hit on a style and a painting medium which works so well for you! Do explore this style more and see where it takes you! Exciting!

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

HarvestMoon

Love this…..my Neocolor made it to my kitchen table after your last one, but I finally got busy trying to unpack boxes in my garage…..so that will be my reward when I get the resulting huge mess cleared up! I had been thinking of a stained glass looking painting too. Is that paper like watercolor paper? Are the Neoarts for the background? I have some of those….

Harvest Moon 🐐

SnapV

Thank you Viv and HarvestMoon!

HarvestMoon: That paper feels a huge lot like nice Hot Press watercolour paper, which I usually prefer over Cold Press. And yes I did use the Neoart for the background as they are quite chunky and lay colour very well :)

I hope you get to play with your Neocolor soon and show what you have made!

Virginie

monarch

A very lively and lovely painting. Did you put the white Neocolor 1 lines over it at the end of the painting?

C&C welcome and appreciated

SnapV

Thank you Monarch! I actually did all the Neocolor 1 lines at the very beginning. They show well because the paper is grey. At the end I went back on all the lines again to even them out.

Virginie

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.