Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The life drawing – Sacha

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    vhere

3 from life drawing yesterday

charcoal – last one of the afternoon

Second in acrylic on newspaper

The third one was about using perspective boxes – something new to ponder – maybe not draw them like this but consider them in my head. Euan Uglow[/URL] and his use of perspective was one of the thoughts behind this experiment. I find his work too clinical and not emotional/moody enough for me but an interesting way of thinking.

As usual on these particular sessions quick poses and about the ideas rather than producing finished pieces.

Constance

Interesting life studies. I’ve not heard of Euan Uglow and will check him out :)

Instagram: unsuspectingstrangers

Very nice group, Vivien!

bethany
            moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
            website www.bethanyart.com
            My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

ArtistOz

I like Euan Uglow’s paintings but he was a bit anal on his measuring.

I think you nailed the perspective of the mat in the third drawing

Bill,
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
                Instagram, billwperry

dawnra

Nice series of drawings but love the looseness of the acrylic on newspaper.

Mike

[FONT=Garamond]As I paint I talk to my canvas, in the hope that one day it will reply! http://www.laoisartist.blogspot.ie

To me the first one is the best of the three. I like its softness. I had a look at some Euan Uglow and really like his work, very simple and effective. Great idea using newspaper, I’ll remember that when the money finally run out :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
                    More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
                    Instagram
                    https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

vhere

:) thanks all – I’m not a fan of EU but it was an interesting way of thinking for a change

I’ve just been looking at your site Vivien, it’s beautiful work. Are you watching Landscape Artist of the Year? Did you apply? You certainly should :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
                        More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
                        Instagram
                        https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

vhere

thank you :)

No I don’t have Sky and I think I’d freeze under pressure like that!

I did look at E U but then I got sidetracked and didn’t get back to commenting here :rolleyes: some nice studies… and it looks like painting on a surface that doesn’t really matter can produce some carefree and expressive work!

Mac

vhere

yes painting on rubbish paper like newsprint can free you. It got crinkley and buckled but actually smoothed out a lot when I glued it into a sketchbook, which surprised me.

123harry

Nice sketches. The newspaper one does have a lively, illustrative feel to it.

C&C always welcome.
                                    Instagram harry.hamill

I like the acrylic particularly the texture in her hair.

Nathan.
                                    C&C always appreciated.
                                    My art on Instagram

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.