Home Forums The Think Tank Art History Discussions Saw this on Bewitched. Can anyone ID this?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

First post here. Hello everyone. I’m looking for some help.

I was watching an episode of Bewitched and noticed this painting in the background. It looks evil and sinister and I immediately fell in love with it. Does anybody know who did this and what this painting is called?

~JMW~

You might have best luck if you find the episode number or “title” and contact somebody related to the old TV show production..
        It could even be an enlarged photo printed for the show set and not an actual painting.

~Joy~

budigart

At first glance, it smacks of Rembrandt’s painting of a child leaning over a half-door or window sill. Just a thought.

At first glance, it smacks of Rembrandt’s painting of a child leaning over a half-door or window sill. Just a thought.

Thank you. I think I just found it. It is indeed Rembrandt and according to the website I found it at it’s called “a girl with a broom”. I’m pretty sure this is the same painting but it looks much darker and more evil in the episode of Bewitched.

~JMW~

They probably used a copy or print for a TV show set..

~Joy~

They probably used a copy or print for a TV show set..

Yes. I would love to get a copy of one that dark. Looks great. :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.