Home Forums Explore Media Printmaking Smoothest paper to use for linocut

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Can anyone recommend a nice smooth paper for linocut jplease? I’m using black Stonehenge at the moment, which is nice paper, but I’m not getting the results I want. I have some cheap black shiny craft paper which is working better for me.

If anyone could recommend a smooth black, or if there isn’t one then just smooth in general.

I have to buy everything mail order, so unfortunately I can’t nip into a shop to have a look…

Thanks.

Hi, sorry I didn’t see your question.

There’s a good discussion in this thread (click link) about papers that might be helpful.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
    Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

Thanks!

bridog

for linocut relief I found when I printed light colour ink on a thin dark colour of mulberry paper it left a clean crisp inked line. I sourced a few sheets of black a while back from this place. They ship worldwide. The product is good quality. I have ordered many times from this retailer.
        It is pricey for a single sheet, and then the cost of shipping would have to be added. If you ordering from outside Canada might be less if your currency is greater in value than the Canadian dollar.
        you might look into other retailers and compare similar product and pricing
        good luck

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work. Emile Zola

www.myprintmakingjourney.blogspot.com
        visit my Etsy shop: www.etsy.com/shop/borealart

lensman

If the OP is still reading this and is looking for a (white) smooth paper then I highly recommend Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, either the 300 or 400 series is fine. I have used it extensively for both lino and intaglio (misted with water, not soaked, for the latter).

Art and Jewellery on Etsy
            "The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls." - Pablo Picasso

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.