WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-17-2019, 02:27 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada
Re: Stitch in Time November 2019

Volume discounts apply to orders over 100 or 1000, not two. I spent many years writing software for various kinds of sales systems. You can't walk into a store and get a volume discount for 2 items of clothing or toys. Same here. Don't get manipulated into this.

I am glad for you that you are back to critter making.

I put up two shelves I got from last weeks trip to Ikea. They are in my studio and made of gold metal wire. I have been looking for small glass shelves but not finding any for a long time. The wall also has a track lighting system so I don't want the light blocked. These will work and look nice as long as I don't put too much on them.

I have almost finished Luke's socks I only have to weave in the ends. I will put up a picture soon.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-17-2019, 07:02 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, I have a standard answer to those asking for discounts on 2 or 3 items. I am not a machine, I make each critter by hand, one at a time. Volume of critters doesn't change how much time I have to spend making them. I usually preface this with "I'm sorry, no." Most of those people don't buy my critters after the answer, but I'm ok with that. They aren't my customer. Ooh, gold metal wire. Sounds pretty.

Yup, critter making. I'm getting the list reduced. And, I'm not over working my hands. I get a bit annoyed I'm not going faster, but I have to admit, not having pain is a good thing.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2019, 04:03 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Most of Lukes injuries are soft tissue. His knees are "structurally sound" with no damage to the ligaments. This was what I was most worried about since I have issues with my knees. He is off work, on crutches with knee braces, but they are most concerned about his back. He saw his physio and doctor there on Monday.He was already getting physio for his back and shoulder.

My oldest got the job she was hoping for, offer letter signed.

Here are some pics of the knitting. The birds are not finished

The socks

A shawl I am working on. Using to balls of yarn on alternate rows, truly a pain but because the yarn is hand dyed and has slight variations this prevents a shadow difference when you change over to the next ball.
The yarn is a glowing golden yellow in real life.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2019, 06:49 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, cute birds! The socks look amazing. Hope the shawl turns out. Hand dyed makes it unique when it comes to colors.

I have to admit, I'm getting bored making critters. In reality, all my dragons are the same pattern, just different colors. And even tho' I have unicorns and pegasuses, they are the same pony pattern. The dinosaur sales have really fallen off and I'm not really worried about replacing the one I sold in the last 2 years. I really want to be done with critters for a while. So far no online sales with the holidays coming. Not sure what's going on there. However, I have to confess, I don't do any marketing, so I really can't complain when sales drop off.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-28-2019, 11:35 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I have made a whole flock of birds. They are stuffed but nothing more.
Currently I am working on a sweater for the dog. She got all matted because she won't let us brush her. So she ended up with a very very short cut and now she is cold in her winter coat because the temperature has dropped to well below freezing.
I am am using bernat blanket yarn, sort of a fat chenille, 8 stitches to 4 inches so it is going fast but everything else is on hold.

Next week we finally get the spare room floor refinished. The last of the gross white carpet goes out and nice cool white vinyl tile with cork underlay goes in. There is a lot of big heavy bookcases, desk and TV equipment in it that the guys will move out and back in. That was what stopped us the last 2 years of doing it ourselves. Now Steven will do it all.

I have been hand holding my daughter and her husband. His injuries are worse than we thought. Nothing was broken but his back was badly wrenched. He is in a lot of pain and can't walk far and crutches make his back worse so now he is in a wheelchair for the time being. He is very depressed about this.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2019, 08:10 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, sorry to hear about the pup. Is there a way to get her to accept brushing, like desensitize her? Oh my, the kids having such a rough time. Do you think you need to go spend time with them? It does sound as tho' husband's wheelchair time is only temporary while he heals.

I've stopped making critters. I'm just tired of making the same thing over and over for now. I made myself a new journal. That was a really nice change of pace. Not sure if the guilt will motivate me to do my bookkeeping or not. I suppose I could get back to working on my doll making. My sales for November have been terrible compared to years past. Not even the critters in the gallery are selling. I guess my "I'm tired of making critters" energy is out in the world and no one is buying them so I don't have to re-make them.