Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Daily Wash Monday 2nd December 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Good morning all:wave:

Slept well in my own bed, have to be up early, we are expecting a Sky engineer this morning to come and fit a new Sky Go box, anytime before 8am and 1pm :rolleyes:

I’ll start reassembling the kitchen base unit now the heating is fixed.

I would have said a harp Bill, I’m intrigued to find out.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

Good evening Doug.

Hot viciously windy day today. We did get our promised 0.3mm rain last evening. It’s blown away now.

Bill, I showed Roger your project and the only thing he was sure of was you are using tite bond glue. :angel:

:wave: to all following

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

Que Sera

Morning Doug and Annie.

Grandparent day today. Bird feeders after morning snack and a trip to the shop for some oats, which I’ve run out of.

Bill, if it isn’t a canoe or a seesaw, is it that musical instrument you mentioned a while ago? I can’t remember its name. In fact I suffer from CRAFT.

Can’t Remember A Flipping Thing.

See y’all later.

QS

In all these things we are more than conquerors.

Lulu

QS….Thats not what Annie would have said lol

Past bedtime so must be brief…will wake John (in his chair) and tell him it’s time to go to bed lol

He’s a lot better, very little coughing today. Will go back to doctor on Thursday to check before he finishes antibiotics.

Bill…whatever it is, I think you are very clever to work out what goes where!

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

BlissC

Morning Doug, Annie, QS and Lulu, those yet to visit, and huggles to all who need them :grouphug:

My bet’s some kind of musical instrument. There looks to be some little bags of what could be strings on the right side of the photo. I did vaguely wonder if it could be something like that Indian (?) instrument that’s flat with strings and plucked. No idea what it’s called. The long piece that looks to be hollow, on one end at least though has me stumped. It could be the oar for a canoe. :p

Working from home this week, so it’s an easier week, so not so much pressure today – just a load of stuff that needs finishing for various managers before I go to Glasgow. :lol:

Off to grab a quick coffee before I start work. Back later. :wave:

Rachel
                    C & C welcome!

"Living on the edge...trying to not fall off - and painting outside the lines!"

Good Morning all,
                    It is 5:30 a.m. on a wet and chilly morning here in Oakwood. Supposed to rain all day with possible snow flakes for a bit too.

I’m off to art class this afternoon. I have a landscape drawn out to work on so we shall see what happens. :D

Lulu, I’m glad John is getting better.

Char, Sorry about your painful back. Hope it feels better soon.

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

Hi folks, Sky man has just gone, good to hear John is getting better Lulu.

Back to our knitting and driving routine.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Que Sera

QS….[B]Thats not what Annie would have said lol[/B]

Past bedtime so must be brief…will wake John (in his chair) and tell him it’s time to go to bed lol

He’s a lot better, very little coughing today. Will go back to doctor on Thursday to check before he finishes antibiotics.

Bill…whatever it is, I think you are very clever to work out what goes where!

Lulu, I was going to say you could substitute your own adjective!

Bill

Good day all,

The temp is hanging around freezing for the day with some sun promised.

I’m enjoying all the guesses on the kit I’m putting together. Should take about a month.

Lulu, glad John is getting better.

QS, I write things down. I do like to memorize old folk songs and I’m trying to learn some French. I’m not too successful, but even just trying helps keep the mind from decay. Also, learning to play a musical instrument is good for the mind and very satisfying.

I’ll be off to see the doctor this morning to learn about my blood results. Apparently there is no emergency or they would have called me in early.

I have Christmas cards to do. I’m doing a simple painting this year.

See you all later.
                            Bill

Be kinder than necessary

:wave: everyone,
                            There was a lovely chaos here yesterday afternoon when the grandsons all arrived for supper and to see all the decorations. They pushed every button on musical things, ran from room to room, and asked where such and such decorations were that they remembered from past years. They also looked in every candy dish but we don’t fill them until closer to Xmas because we would eat them. :lol:

My fever seems to be gone. I don’t know what kind of cold it is but all I have is a cough I got from Maverick a week ago. I don’t feel sick except with the short lived fever. :confused: I wonder if I contacted someone with the flu and the flu shot rescued me from a full blown illness.

Today is going to be relaxing. I’m going to do some online shopping, start writing my Xmas cards, send some emails, and wrap gifts. My decorating is done except for a bag of little elf legs that I put around the house to make it look like there are dozens of elves hiding in nooks everywhere. I also have to start reading the owners manual for the RAV4.

It’s so good to read what everyone is up to every day. Life is so different for us all yet so much the same. Thanks for your friendships and willingness to share your lives. I hope everyone in pain starts feeling better today.

Bill – my guess is some kind of stringed musical instrument but I have no idea what kind. :lol: I bought myself a Kalimba for Xmas last year but haven’t found time to start practising yet.

I’m off to start my day. Enjoy the start of a new week everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com

Uschi

Good Morning!!

On top of the freezing rain it started to snow and did so over night, seems to have stopped now and sun is expected later on in the day and a high of 0C.

My neck got to the spasm stage last night so I finally took a Robaxin muscle relaxant and it’s a bit better this morning. I don’t like taking them, they make me feel woozy, so I’ll wait until tonight for another one.

I’ll have to make my way to the bank to deposit the club’s money but I’ll wait until the snow plow has come.

Lynn, you wanted to know what I am knitting, I am still at the Aran sweater that I started late spring. I didn’t get much knitting done with all the cleaning and painting and it was meant to be a long term project.

Ellen, I am glad you are feeling better and I can well imaging the boys joy when they revisited all the decorations. I too am grateful for our WetCanvas LONG STANDING friendships. What would I do without you to greet me every morning!!

Bill, sounds like all is well with your health:thumbsup: and you really got us guessing with your project:)

Rachel, I am glad you are not being stressed because you can work from home.

Lulu, I am so glad John is coming along nicely.

Annie, is your o.3mm equivalent to my 5 drops????:)

:wave: to you Doug, Sylvia and QS and wishing you a good day!!!

Uschi

Que Sera

We’ve had “Jingle Bells” and “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” on ukulele this afternoon but “When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney” proved challenging for me. Still going strong though. “Silver Bells” is nice and easy but not so toddler friendly!

Good Morning! It’s cloudy and raw outside my window today. There’s a bit of freezing mist making it miserable to be out of doors. But, we dodged all the winter weather that struck over the weekend. East of us, there was lots of freezing rain and ice pellets making any kind of travel very treacherous. The crazy wind here, though, certainly rearranged everything on our deck and added some new limbs decorating the front lawn along with our neighbour’s leaves.

I finished ironing on the transfers to my Students’ aprons. They look pretty good! I’ll go out to the Dollar Store later today to buy gift bags for their goodies. I’ll get some cookies baked today so I can add a small packet of them along with the little palettes I made. I have so much fun doing all this.

I offered up my guess in yesterday’s wash for Bill’s project… mine is an autoharp. :)

Doug, there’s nothing like your own bed, eh?

Annie, I wish with every drop of rain that’s making me crazy here, that I could send it all to you. :crying:

:lol: QS…

Lulu, it’s been a long haul for John fighting off this infection. I’m glad he’s finally mending!

:thumbsup: for less stress and pressure, Rachel!

Sylvia, my body is full of arthritis, so I really suspect that’s what is going on with my back. There’s nothing to be done for it, really, and there are not too many bad days. Thanks so much for your concern. Landscapes. I find them sooooo challenging. Happy Class!

Bon matin, Bill… Ça va bien, n’est-ce pas?

Ellen, like you, I love this place. When I joined so many years ago, it was a revelation to find out that I finally “fit in” with people who’re similar to me. I would give my left arm for that much pandemonium! I’m glad you’re feeling some better.

((Uschi)) And now I’m sure you’ll knit even more that you have to rest your poor neck… and your shoulder will suffer. :heart:

Flurries are filling the air. It’s not enough to deter driving to town, but just enough to remind us that winter is here.

I’m off to pour my second cup and then must get on with things here. :wave: all yet to come. ((hug)) for all who’re under the weather. Please have yourselves a happy and creative day! :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

ScarletLake

:cat: HELLO EVERYONE:cat:

Well that sun yesterday morning came & went too fast. By noon it was gone replaced with clouds, wind, rain. We decided not to go to the mall we wanted to but instead went out for a sandwich & stopped in at At Home store just to see their Christmas decor. I don’t need 1 more thing for Christmas decor but I did buy a cute little mitten ornament that I will hang from my car rearview mirror.

Today is laundry day. I’ve let mine fill the hamper. Other than that I am making some cheese biscuits to go with our soup tonight. So no cooking day for me.

I’m going to work on some little notebooks pocket size that I painted the covers a solid color. I’m going to paint them in acrylic flowers & put them in my friends little art share box. Free for the taking. It will feel fun just getting to sit with my paints & play.

Outside today dreay. Misty & maybe some snowflakes later. UCK!!!!!!

Ellen —Anything you choose would be fine. I’ll contact you on payment.

Ok everyone take care

Anita

Que Sera

Afternoon Uschi, your neck spasm sounds painful. Hi Ellen and Anita.

Bill, is it a kantele you are building?

QS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.