Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 22 November Sailing boat

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Clea

30 x 30 cm, woodcut on white paper. It took me about 3 hours. C & c welcome.

ronsu18

oh those fading textures! this is beautiful, looks demanding technically. this is new to me, i love everything about it! the rhythms, the soft colors, but above all the way the support participates.

C&C welcome

123harry

This is nice. A sizeable area to cut as well, pretty physical work!
                You have made a bold composition with interest on the contrasting textures. Very good!

C&C always welcome.
                Instagram harry.hamill

Superb boat art! You have the most amazing style.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

tyree

this is really gorgeous !

tyree:)

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

Your woodcut style is very suited to the image of the old wooden boat. Wonderful!

Wendy C&C always welcome
                    Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

dupliKate

Almost abstract….but familiar enough to recognize…made it fascinating to look at. The grey and cream and white are really striking. Don’t know enough about woodcut to be able to really appreciate what was involved…..but I am betting it took a lot of decision making about how and where to simplify and how to crop…really, really like this!

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
                        ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
                        http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

eyepaint

Yay! Love the graphic feel :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Great!:)

Clea

Thanks a lot! I forgot to say: It was also an answer to the challenge. I have only used three colours: ultramarine blue, white and black and their mixtures (plus the off-white colour of the paper).

ams

Very good. The wood cut worked well on this. Your simplification was very effective.

Anne

Anne
                                    C & C always welcome.
                                    https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

SAndypp

WOW a wonderful piece. Very elegant and unique. Very well executed. I can see this hanging on the wall looking amazing. Great answer to the challenge as well.

Well done:thumbsup:
                                        Sandy

artastic

wonderful work

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                                            http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.