Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Partner: Virtual Art Academy Reviews of the Virtual Art Academy® Apprentice Program

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    b123

As the year draws to an end, I would like to thank all of our Virtual Art Academy students who are also members of WetCanvas for your participation this year in our community. We truly thank you for all the effort you have put into developing your skills and for creating such a wonderful and supportive community.

Jacqui and I have been working hard this year to get the new VAA2 Online Campus up and running as well as to refine the interface and add new content. Since it was such a major software redesign, it turned out to be quite a massive project for us. I would particularly like to thank all those of you who have been so kind as to give us feedback throughout as we developed the system. Without your help and encouragement we could never have done it.

As we look back on last year’s activity on the Online Campus, I would like to invite you to share your experiences of working with the Virtual Art Academy Apprentice Program over this past year. It would be nice for others to hear, and also to give other members of the WetCanvas community an idea of what to expect if they are thinking of joining us.

We wish you all the very best for the holiday season and happy painting in the New Year!

Barry and Jacqui
        (the Virtual Art Academy – yes it’s just the two of us! plus our hard working programmer!)

Barry John Raybould

My Paintings, My Blog

vivianyoung

I have been associated with Virtual Art Academy for more than 2 years. I have totally enjoyed the learning experience with Barry and Jacqui especially with all the improvements they’ve made. I like being able to download the reference library to my tablet and read it anywhere. I wish them much continued success.

Vivian Young

tcsgh

The Virtual Art Academy was a Christmas gift 4 years ago. Barry is not only an accomplished, award winning painter, he has a genius for analyzing the knowledge and skills in the process of painting. I started the course to fill in the gaps in my art education. It has more than met my expectations. The structure, small bite assignments, the ability to work at my own pace, the support and inspiration of art students from around the globe work well to keep me coming back to the easel to build my knowledge and skills. I don’t think it matters whether you are a beginner or a more experienced painter, there is so much to learn from this course. I highly recommend it.

kalacombrink

I joined VAA in 2014, it is everything I hoped for and much more.
                    The structured format helps you build up a comprehensive skillset. I am now halfway through the 4 year program. 16 Workshops (4 per year), each consisting of 12 lessons. For every lesson you have 1 or more assignments that you post online and a final summary project for each workshop. The online campus provide uplifting and motivational support from peers as well as more advanced students. Barry encourages the ‘ladder of learning’ approach, where you assist others ‘below’ you and learn from those ‘above’ you.
                    The program is structured yet flexible, allowing you to advance at your own pace. Yet I think the most benefit is reaped by systematically working through all the material, and in many instances by repetition. The option is there to concentrate on specific skills or to work through add-on workshops.
                    It is an affordable program.
                    Since the program is so comprehensive, it is never boring. Each lesson has a new topic and yet you feel that you are re-enforcing certain skills in an interesting varied way. Never a dull moment :)
                    I can recommend it for beginners and more advanced artists alike, you are bound to learn more than you bargained for.
                    Karin Combrink

AartiSharma

I have recently started learning at VAA, and I am happy that I made a right choice by joining VAA. Two years ago, I enrolled for BFA but dropped out of the course with in six months, as I found it was not at all different from what I have learned in my Foundation classes. But at VAA, its very different. They are teaching and helping us master what others never teach or discuss.The curriculum is highly structured and organized in digestible bits. Every new section adds to our skill as a painter.
                        Glad to be at VAA.:wave:

It is hard to add to the Virtual Art Academy accolades that have already been shared: well-organized, comprehensive content; supportive community; responsive “management” (Barry and Jacquie). I have been a member of VAA for a little over a year. It has been exactly what I needed to push me to paint regularly and systematically fill in the enormous gaps in my skills and in my knowledge about composition, value, color, and materials.

"Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor, the enemy of the people. It will keep you cramped and insane your whole life….”
                        Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life[/SIZE]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.