Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Studio WIP – learning portrait: the fab 4

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tanja

Good morning, Good morning,
        I am starting something new: portraits in water color (so far from photos but my goal is to do live painting). I started this one yesterday and I would like to get your Help! with this project and get your inputs as I go along…
        Not sure if you can recognize the fab four.

No name cold pressed cotton paper 300g/m2, 18 * 24 inches,
        mainly W&N colors

Thanks a lot already for looking and commenting – I hope that I am getting better …

Hello, Good bye

Tanja

less is more

Kaylen

I just started with portraits also but I can make a few suggestions, mostly in values , the hair is darker than any part of the faces, and they need eyeballs, the most important thing is to get the eyes right , then the mouth,,about the hair maybe treat it like the reat and go for the shadows of the main strands,,, veil gluck…

Kaylen Savoie
            https://www.savoieartist.com/
            At least twice a year,paint something better than you ever painted before.

Tanja

Hi all,
                Here comes the second revision after adding details on mouth and eyes (thank you for your feedback, Kaylen). I will continue with more layers to reach better values.

Any other c& c is welcome, since I am new to painting portraits in WC.

Cheers and thank you

Tanja

less is more

Tanja

and the next step:

Good night

Tanja

less is more

pjartwc

I just started with portraits also but I can make a few suggestions, mostly in values , the hair is darker than any part of the faces, and they need eyeballs, the most important thing is to get the eyes right , then the mouth,,about the hair maybe treat it like the reat and go for the shadows of the main strands,,, veil gluck…

Good response

C&C WELCOMED

Jan

Tanja

Okay, here is the latest and greatest and now I think I have to stop.

Greetings from

Tanja

less is more

Kaylen

nice much nicer , I wasnt sure if you were done on the first one but now I see you just started them

Kaylen Savoie
                                https://www.savoieartist.com/
                                At least twice a year,paint something better than you ever painted before.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.