Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Studio Me copying John Singer Sargent

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    iamdaie

Abdul Muiz, The Carabiner, 2018, watercolour and graphite on paper, size; 1/8th; comments welcome

frodron

Nice interesting palette you have, although I think I would have used full pans as I find the half pans a bit fiddly especially for the bigger brushes.

Cherish yesterday,dream tomorrow,live today

Ellen E

I think you’ve done a really good job with this. And it’s also good to see the stages you’ve done as you did the painting.

Also, i like that the photos show how you put you paper on your board. That’s a good way to keep your paper flat without having to use tape. No matter what I’ve done to tape the paper down, it still tears the paper.

iamdaie

Nice interesting palette you have, although I think I would have used full pans as I find the half pans a bit fiddly especially for the bigger brushes.

Yes Mr Frodron ur right but I find that the half pans are more ‘neat’…

By activating them e few minutes earlier with a spray, you’ll find them easier to work with…

and i put a drop of gum arabic regularly into each pan…

iamdaie

I think you’ve done a really good job with this. And it’s also good to see the stages you’ve done as you did the painting.

Also, i like that the photos show how you put you paper on your board. That’s a good way to keep your paper flat without having to use tape. No matter what I’ve done to tape the paper down, it still tears the paper.

Hi Ellen E, i started using clips because i wanted to save some money on the long run…

I find that I use a lot of masking tapes, and the brand that I like might be hard to find elsewhere or a bit expensive else where…

This is a very nicely painted still life of keys! I like it a lot.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.