Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting “ Tom King ~ expost portraits

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    carolkay

My friend Tom King ~ 34 years a fireman~ now dont know how long he has ~
        He is so positive ~ he sat for me ~ i did this portrait and gave it to him – framed in masterworks ~ his family is so greatfull !

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success
        Dcam

Wow Carol, what a pleasant looking chap.
            You really gave this portrait life. Love the brushwork surrounding the wonderful rendering. beautiful.

carolkay

Aww thanks Derek – very much appreciated ❤️

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success
                sea dangler

lovely painting Carol,he appears to be a very kind man from his eyes.
                    Dave

Beautiful portrait Carol. :)

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
                    Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

ddattler

Looks Great. You out-did yourself.

http://wildlifearts.com
                        Practice what you know, and it will help to make clear what now you do not know. ~ Rembrandt

In Art, Learning to see is at least as important as the actual creation of Art. ~ George Benedict,

AnnieA

Terrific painting, Carol! A sense of his personality is shining through – this is clearly a very likeable person. I like the brushwork and loosely painted background too.

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
                            [FONT=Palatino]
                            “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

carolkay

lovely painting Carol,he appears to be a very kind man from his eyes.
                                Dave

Thanks Dave – yes he is so kind – I feel so bad for him — it’s 10,000$ a month keeping him alive – he don’t hv to pay for it – or he wouldn’t be alive!

carolkay

Beautiful portrait Carol. :)

Thank you so much

carolkay

Looks Great. You out-did yourself.

Thank you very much – I just wanted his family to have this !

carolkay

Terrific painting, Carol! A sense of his personality is shining through – this is clearly a very likeable person. I like the brushwork and loosely painted background too.

Thanks Annie- he is everything the paintings says !! I want his family to have this – his 18 mo
                                            Old grandson /- saw it and said. “ grampa Tom “”

🤟🏻

This is really well-done! It’s been mentioned already, but you’ve pulled his personality through the painting in a very believable way, especially with his eyes, and the portrait in general has a lot of life to it. I wish him the best

Paul Moreau
                                                Insta @pmoreau_fine_art
                                                FB @pmoreaufineart

carolkay

This is really well-done! It’s been mentioned already, but you’ve pulled his personality through the painting in a very believable way, especially with his eyes, and the portrait in general has a lot of life to it. I wish him the best

Thank you so much – for such a kind generous comment !

Jon

his 18 mo
                                                        Old grandson /- saw it and said. “ grampa Tom “

That is success!
                                                        Well done.

Lovely as always Carol…those eyes are amazing and capture his soul.

Angel :angel:
                                                        Website Makeover Coming! This is available now.
                                                        http://www.artist-bythesea.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.