WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Glass Art > Let's Talk > Glass Works Lobby
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 02:59 AM
A Local Legend
Spring, Tx US

Hails from United States
11th April....must be Wednesday?

Morning all,
When I make my re-entry into consciousness, I never really know what day of the week it is. It makes for a more interesting life. I think too many people are totally ruled by time and days of the week. Yes, I used to have to be extremely time conscious in my job, to an obsession. Get those planes out on TIME! It got to be lots of fun when I had several departures at the same time....that was when I was superwoman and could multitask like crazy. Almost hurts my head just to think about it now. I don't even wear a watch....nope, not that darn important.
Dilly, I hope you have lots of energy for all that stuff you have planned and others have planned for you. Yikes! I think you need to put on your Wonderwoman cape if you're going to get all that stuff done.
Sheri, hope the kiln faries are much nicer to you.
Ok, brain dead.........wishing all a fantastic humpday.
Happy creating,
ginger
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 05:42 AM
Lord of the Arts
North Central Arkansas

Hails from United States
Re: 11th April....must be Wednesday?

Morning Ginger and all you sleepyheads.

Ginger, I hope your re-entry into consciousness has a smooth landing. Here's hoping you are feeling decent soon to be followed by feeling good.

Janie, is all still going well with your sister as she recovers?

Today is a busy day at work, but at least both kids have after school church youth programs they can ride a bus to. I don't have to be on mama duty until at least 5:30. Whew! That helps.

Part of the crunch at work is that I have to take Casey to Little Rock tomorrow to get her scoliosis checked. I've got a lot to do to get ready to be absent. Do you realize that Casey has been in that back brace for 20 months?! I know most of you were here when I posted her first picture in the brace. I am secretly hoping that the doc tells her she can start wearing it at night only. That may not happen for another six months or so, but I'll let you know. Fingers crossed!

Hoping you all have a wonderful Wednesday. I've missed being a daily poster lately. I was disappointed to wake up so early but it gave me a chance to post. Will try to check in tonight and see how everyone is doing.

Beth
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 06:50 AM
A WC! Legend
Allegan, Michigan; 25 miles north of Kalamazoo

Hails from United States

Good morning everyone. Today is Petey's "Medicare" birthday and he's having an upper GI exam. Does the guy know how to celebrate or what?
No glass melting yesterday, too chilly, but I did string up some necklaces.
Probably more of that today.
Enjoy. Ciao
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 07:06 AM
A Local Legend
Cereal City/Battle Creek, MI

Hails from United States

Good Morning All!

Ginger.....girl sounds like you deserved a break from your former lifestyle. Kick back and roll with the punches sweetie. We will all catch you up once you have safely landed!!!

Beth.....busy, busy Mom. Summer vacation is just around the corner. I will keep my fingers crossed for night brace only!!

Ellen....It was a bit chilly but sounds like it will get warmer each day leading up to 70 on Sunday! Keep stringing those beads babe!

My hubby alwasy wants to know why all the crazy drivers on the road are women. I tell him let's see, they get up fix breakfast, get the kids ready for school, work 8 hours, run errands on their lunch, pick up the kids, shuttle them to all their after school stuff, hit the grocery store, get home and fix dinner and clean the house while hubby slides into home, sets down in front of the boob tube and asks if she has had a busy day and when is dinner going to be ready?? Now I have to admit my hubby never did that, but I have seen way too many that did and still do. When I get all pissy with mine I call him by his Dad's name and tell him Millie (his mom) does not live here!

OK, so off and running again today. Some things changed and no gymnastic duty this morning. But lots of things added to tomorrow!!! I am writing tomorrow off, I will be little Dilly Taxi Lady tomorrow!!

Have a good one everybody!
Dilly

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Lord of the Arts
Oliver Springs, TN

Hails from United States

Good morning. I can't even think this morning. My friends son has had a motorcycle wreck. Just a broken leg to start and messed up his ankle. Yesterday he had a cardiac arrest and was brought back and later in the evening he went into respiratory arrest and is now on a vent. I could not sleep for praying last night and I am feeling it today. nothing like my friends are. I will come back later but please pray for them all he has a small child that needs her dad as her mother has a history of CA and I am not sure of her status.
Hugs and love to all.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:46 AM
A Local Legend
Cereal City/Battle Creek, MI

Hails from United States

Shari.....Prayers headed south for your friends son!!
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:49 AM
A Local Legend
Beautiful Colorado

Hails from United States

Fly by as we are taking Little Bear for a long walk..... change of routine...

Shari ~ Sending prayers, white light, good thoughts and everything else in between. Oh and hugs always help a bit as well.

Later...
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:59 AM

Good am from Rainy Costa Rica! Season has begun. I'm going to close up tomorrow for my trip to the States.
For sure prayers will be said here in English & Spanish for your friend & his family. Everyone have a terrific day. Be mindful in traffic, eat your veggies & go out & have some fun today. Pamela
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 09:49 AM
A WC! Legend
Allegan, Michigan; 25 miles north of Kalamazoo

Hails from United States

Shari - I'm so sorry to hear of the motorcycle accident. One of my closest friend's son died 3 years ago in a bike accident.
Very difficult time for everyone. I'll keep a good thought.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Lord of the Arts
Oliver Springs, TN

Hails from United States

Thanks everyone. He is doing better this morning. Still not out of the woods still has respirator but he is a wake and trying to remove (extabate) himself off the respirator and seems to understand and respond to what his parents are saying. so please keep praying its working.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Enthusiast
San Antonio TX & Norcross GA

Hails from United States

Just a quick hi
Glass craft expo was great my students were great and I came back really tired.
Hubby is looking at jobs there maybe one in south carolina- temporary work but the pay is good.
Son is doing well in college.
My little studio is looking good and busy
Now that the Gathering booklet is out I can say I'm teaching at the Gathering
It is going to be a interesting class. Lots of thinking and planning followed by murrini making and encased beads.

(((((((Shari)))))) hugs and prayers

WEll off to life la vida loco continues
Sam
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Immortalized
Syracuse, NY

Hails from United States

Okay....who sent the snow over here??? Come on....someone did it. I need to know who so I can send it back!!!

Ginger....Multi-tasking is highly overrated. I think putting my feet up AND reading a book is about enough!

Beth...Thanks so much for asking about my sister. She's recovering at home & doing well. We're all thankful the surgery went well. I can't believe Casey has worn the brace for 20 months! That seems amazing. I hope she can reduce her time in it...that would be wonderful.

Ellen...Was it you? Did YOU send the snow?

Dilly...Love the giggle for today!

Shari...I'm so very sorry about your son's friend...glad he's doing better but what a scary situation.

Leslie...Did YOU send the snow???

Pamela...I'll put "veggies" first on my to-do list today.

Sam...It's so exciting that you'll be teaching at the Gathering! I saw that it'll be back in Rochester again in 2013. I was surprised to see that, but maybe I'll get to go to that one.

I haven't had any problems with my back since I did some PT for it a few years ago...until this morning. I've had a slight kink in my upper back for a couple of days & today when I put the dog's bowl on the floor I knew I'd be in for a few days of pain. I have to take izzy to gymnastics class & after that I'll be swallowing flexerol & not moving much. Good thing I have some good books to read & some knitting to finish!

Have a great day everyone....janie

Howfunisthat on Etsy
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Veteran Member
Near Bethlehem PA

Hails from United States

Afternoon everyone.

Coming in late. Just a quick fly by.

Shari hoping your friends son is doing better.

Beth hoping Casey is in the brace at night only.

Carlos
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Lord of the Arts
North Central Arkansas

Hails from United States

Shari, I'll be praying for your son's friend. I'm glad he is showing signs of improvement. I hope that has continued throughout the day.

Janie, If you're taking flexeril, good luck staying awake to read and knit! That stuff makes me so (yawn) sleepy.

Sam, congrats on the Gathering gig. You are having a mighty fine year!

Ellen, did Peter's exam go okay?

Dilly, cute picture, but Brock is cuter!

Thanks for all the good thoughts for Casey. We will know something by this time tomorrow.

Have a pleasant evening all.

Beth