Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Gallery Pink Roses on Yupo paper

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    ScarlettRose

I managed to get fingermarks on the Yupo paper, probably when I was washing off another painting. But anyhow I thought i’d try and make the fingermarks part of the light on the petals?
        Done on Yupo paper with White Nights watercolours and assortment of angled shader brushes.
        Sorry it isn’t loading for some reason??????

Cheers Rosie.

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” ― Pablo Picasso
        [/COLOR][FONT="Verdana"]:wink2:

Kaylen

you must be using extremely transparent watercolors

Kaylen Savoie
            https://www.savoieartist.com/
            At least twice a year,paint something better than you ever painted before.

calvin_0

Sorry it isn’t loading for some reason??????

your post contain no image…

ScarlettRose

Since i cannot edit the original post to add the painting, hopefully it will appear in this post.
                    Yey it has.

Cheers Rosie.

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” ― Pablo Picasso

Bill

Wow! I can never get yupo to behave. Lovely!
                        Bill

Be kinder than necessary

hoylander

Very lovely, Rosie, love the colour and depth to the flowers!

Joan :wave:
                            ScarlettRose

Thankyou Scene Chaser and Hoylander.
                                To be honest, the fingermarks dictated these roses, it was either that or throw the paper away and I hate throwing anything away.
                                I think it’s one of those paintings that you either love or hate the effect. I love it and may try to replicate it again sometimes. I like painting on yupo paper .

Cheers Rosie.

pjartwc

Excellent – and on Yuppo yet.

C&C WELCOMED

Jan

calvin_0

the water resistance certainly give a very interesting effect.. really lovely rose.

Interesting and beautiful.

Esther

ScarlettRose

Jan, Calvin O and Esther, Thankyou all so much for you comments.
                                            Painting on Yupo paper is quite interesting, even though it can be unpredictable at times .

Cheers Rosie.

janinco

Nice! You can wipe down the Yupo first with some alcohol on a cotton ball to be sure all fingerprints are gone.

Jan

ScarlettRose

Thankyou Jan. I will try that next time.

Cheers Rosie.

I love the soft pinks you got with these impromptu roses and the unlucky fingerprints add to its beauty. Using alcohol to wipe them does work.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

ScarlettRose

Thankyou Kay. My friend thought the roses looed frosted.

Cheers Rosie.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.