Home Forums Explore Subjects Portraiture Charcoal Portrait Study 8

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Latest charcoal drawing on toned paper. Coated with fixative and matt acrylic medium.

C&C are welcome!

Anyone knows a good matte varnish that has 0% gloss for charoal drawing? My fixative from WN does a great job preventing it from smudging, but it’s glossy and I dont really like the gloss.

carolkay

It’s just beautiful !

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success
            kentiessen

Very nice! I only put a light coat of fixative on charcoal drawings- it is usually absorbed easily. The drawing will go under glass anyway, correct? A ‘matte’ varnish is made- I picked some up at Hobby Lobby, I think- very matte.

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com
                Comments or Critiques welcomed...always!

Anonymous

Thank you both Carol and Ken. Yes Ken, it will be framed, but i still prefer to spray 2 or 3 coats of fixative, just “in case”.. And in this experiment, I notice that the glare from fixative is a bit disturbing and I would like to give it a coat of matte varnish to kill the glare.

123harry

Strong composition and a nice wistful expression. Her right hand is perhaps a little weak, the sharply defined folds seem to stop the viewer’s eye.

C&C always welcome.
                        Instagram harry.hamill

MDerby

Lovely, well done.

The craft is an art in itself. http://www.mikederby.com

jrsmithson

Wow that’s some smooth rendering. Nice piece, good work.

-[/SIZE]
                                [/I][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New]
                                [/SIZE][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][FONT=Courier New][FONT=Courier New]—>Clicky Clicky<—[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/URL][/I] [SIZE=2][B][FONT=Arial]@jr_smithson[/B][/SIZE] [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

IronPawn

Great drawing Armada…

Zoran

Sridhargopal

Excellent drawing.

Gopal
                                        https://artvamsi.com/
                                        https://www.instagram.com/davincigopal/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.