WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2019, 11:50 AM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States
Re: *** Daily Wash Saturday 1st June 2019 ***

Steve, I knew that you would be busy with Lisa and working outside. I hear you about the state of our country.

We are too hot already to putter around during the daytime. Have to do it in the early morning or evenings when the mosquitos are active. Luckily, I have the gardening down to a minimum, and the annuals are reseeding themselves now.

I ended up on the ground about a half hour ago. I took a step off a path and twisted my foot sending me down in slow motion. I also sprained my hand on my gentle landing. I sat and laughed. Thank goodness we have a privacy fence! All the blue bonnets are going to the landfill with hundreds of seeds. I hope when they are recycled some will make it through the composting process.

Now to go take a shower and continue on with my projects.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2019, 11:55 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

I returned to my recliner and slept another four hours. Seven total.

Sylvia, I know it's really hard to find a decent fridge these days. Our twenty-five year old now is in the basement and works just find. Never once repaired.
Isn't that refrigerator kind of new?
QS, I have a lovely uke but with my paralyzed finger, I find it too difficult to play. It'll go on Ebay this autumn.

Steve, glad Lisa's surgery was successful. Glad you stopped by to let us know.

Ellen, lovely photos. You take an iron with you? Now that's planning.

Nancy, after Columbine everything changed at school. Badges, door monitors, liaison officer from the local police. A far cry from the relaxed times of the past.

Uschi, is the vinegar cleaning well?
Bill

#18   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2019, 11:56 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

((Nancy)) so sorry for your pain.

Why do you pull out the Blue Bonnets? I'd love to have them here.
Bill

#19   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2019, 12:29 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good Morning... posting is really a challenge with our terrible internet connectivity. We'll be installing the receiver in a different location in our yard. That means digging in a new post and then spading a channel across the yard to the house in order to bury the cable. Ted can't do any of that. Simon, a youngster who really "needs" the internet is going to help.

Anyway... it's partly sunny. The weatherman promised a hot sunny day today, but the clouds are moving in and our little weather station has rain pictured on it. This really humid weather isn't great for storing bread. I discarded a whole package of tortilla's this morning. They were only about a week old and I wouldn't even feed them to the chicken today.

Ted's out cutting grass on the riding lawnmower. It's his salvation, I think... the presumption of normalcy. We will plant impatiens in the wall columns that hang on either side of the back door. And the potato bed has been worked up so we'll get the seed potatoes into the ground. That will be the last of the gardening for now.

I brought all the lawn furniture up and the deck really does look nice. It was some kind of feat, I don't mind telling you. But done.

Laundry is on today's agenda. The humidity (again) is the enemy of my dishcloths. It's a good thing that I have a lot of them. They don't completely dry in this weather and have to be changed out every couple of days.

Darla, I was head hunted for my job at Navistar so many years ago. They had to make their quota for female supervisors. My immediate Boss brought me into his office on my first day and told me, point blank, that I wasn't wanted in his department. He said he didn't appreciate being forced by the government to hire more women.

Ouch, Doug... been there and done that, so I can relate!

Geoff, I do like the smell of freshly cut grass! I have the windows open here and our grass scent is wafting through the screens.

Bill, I'm sorry but I cannot get past the mentality of gun ownership as your "right". I guess the "rights" of the dead, including so many children, are of little consequence. You know... thoughts and prayers.

Sylvia, it's really a shame that you are restricted by the opening where your fridge will fit. I think it's even difficult to find something that "small" these days! When we renovated our kitchen, we did allow for a larger unit. Looking in Home Depot recently, the newer models are even bigger! Some even have a computer screen in the door!

QS, McKenzie's fiancee is very musical and we bought her a ukulele that she can assemble and paint as a Christmas gift. What fun you must have had jamming with your friend!

Great photos, Ellen! Beautiful Bride (and handsome Groom) and, of course, the little boys.

Uschi... a little each day will get the job done.

Steve, I sure hope that all is well with you and Lisa.

I'm sure that Lynn, Kay and Darla have posted while I attempt to get this to "take". Anyway... I must get off this keyboard and on with real life. Have a great day my friends.

p.s. I started trying to post this around 10:00 a.m.

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2019, 01:22 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom

Yes I like grass smell...not today though...am about to trim some rogue rose shoots and that will be it for the day.

geoff
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2019, 01:32 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Char, I am not a pro gun rights person. Don't be sorry for me. I am sorry for all the thousands that die every year just because our government can't distinguish between the muskets of 1776 and automatic weapons of today. As far as I'm concerned muskets should be the only gun allowed.
Well, maybe BB guns too.
Bill

#22   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2019, 02:01 PM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Bill, The bluebonnets were at the end of their life cycle and turning brown. The are easy to pull out, because they only have a tap root about 3 inches long. They will be back next spring. They do not like hot weather. My foot must be sprained. So now I have an excuse to just sit and play today.
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2019, 03:15 PM
Lord of the Arts
Peterborough, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Hi Everyone

I have been planting flowers this morning!

I just came in the kitchen and noticed a Robin in the bird bath out front.

Ellen beautiful pics of the Bride and Groom and of course the grandkids!

Off to do some more gardening!

Have a great one!

http://sharonamer.blogspot.com/
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2019, 05:32 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Hiya! I seem to have internet for a few minutes. We're in the throws of nasty thunder storms. We've had hail and lots of high winds.

Steve, as long as you check in now and again, we won't worry so much. ((Lisa))

((Nancy)) I sure hope your sprains aren't too serious!

Bill, I apologized in general because I'm such a staunch pacifist that I see no need for anyone to own any kind of gun. I didn't mean to make you feel as though I was criticizing you.

Guns are manufactured for only one reason. They are designed to maim and kill.

Awh... sweet robin, Sharon!

Ok... here goes. It's 4:15... let's see what happens.

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2019, 06:23 PM
Lord of the Arts
Peterborough, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Hi Everyone

I just finished planting a 5 foot planter under my kitchen window where I saw the robin in the bath!

It is primarily in the shade!, begonias, and stuff!

#26   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2019, 08:42 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Char, some guns are made for target competition only. I made a 50 caliber musket for competition, and actually was state champion one year.

Sharon, such lovely photos.
Bill

#27   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2019, 09:11 PM
Lord of the Arts
Peterborough, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Thanks Char and Bill!

I used to target practise with a 22 up at the lake, into the swamp, and was always getting bullseye's!

#28   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2019, 10:06 PM
Lord of the Arts
Peterborough, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Annie I have never killed anything with it yet not even the rats or mice!
My husband want's to live trap every thing! Live and let it back into nature!

Last edited by Wind Song : 06-01-2019 at 10:12 PM.
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2019, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member

A quick hello from me. Steve, glad to hear the update on Lisa and lovely, a screened in porch!

I drove over the cascades today. Iíd been looking forward to visiting my favorite antique/collectible shop....all the genuine mid-century modern stuff in my living room is from that place and they were all amazing deals. The place has closed permanently and Iím beyond disappointed. It was 90F over there and I thought I was going to melt! Iíd planned to do some sketching, but was wiped out by the heat. Came home to my newly arrived Black Kilimanjaro watercolor journals (on sale so cheap, it was a better deal than making my own and getting them bound. Have practiced a bit with my neglected classical guitar...feel like Iím starting over, it has been so long. Dinner for the cats, then some painting time. Weed pulling tomorrow.

Itís getting harder to give a damn when there is a shooting and legislators are so weak willed (and supported by many constituents) that they refuse to do more than fake a look of sympathy. We have become such a stupid country (not all of us, but I think I will get a Handmaidís costume for Halloween this year...it is becoming quite fashionable in certain parts of the country). :-(

I watched ďThe Man Who Lost His HeadĒ on amazon prime last night (Martin Clunes in case Iím not the last Washie to see it) - better than anything at redbox right now!