WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Café Guerbois
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-05-2019, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member

Re: Artists like Schiele

talian,
but you are right, however, they have translated many of his books, I have now checked and all the books you have so kindly quoted have been translated, even the collections and even the poems I believe but I now better control with the translations of the titles.
*In any case, I have Ham on Rye, so I want to start with this and then probably with at least one other novel of his then or collection before trying the poems (in general it is easier for me to read the whole novels or stories, in fact also read the short stories of authors that I appreciate, books with collections are something that usually makes me happy, that maybe I read them as a novel as the only reading, poems maybe I read together with another book, a little at a time, maybe I will start one of his poems along with another novel). In any case, I read Ham on rye to start.

I also translate Betting on the Muse: Poems and Stories Portions from a wine-stained notebook and Absence of the hero, and post office.
I don't know how to thank you for these valuable reading tips. (I also had no idea which way to go) Thank you very much.

#17   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2019, 01:54 PM
A Local Legend
Joshua Tree, California

Hails from United States

I can not write Italian, but I can speak it quite a bit, but not fluently or properly. Piccolo. Just to get by. Solo to argue. Solo par cafe an vie un autobus. See what I mean? Ha ha.

Good luck with the il libre.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-08-2019, 05:32 AM
Veteran Member

Hi, yes and I think it's really good to be able to speak in another language, to be understood anyway and to be able to communicate, then, is always the most important and beautiful thing.
(However, I find it even more difficult, for the moment I am improving my reading but I hope to learn at least a little bit both and also to write). I will start today with reading the book.