WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum > WIPs (Works in Progress)
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-10-2019, 05:45 PM

Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Nude form from photograph - Warning - erotic content!

Hi! This is a digital work, done all by hand on an iPad with the Apple Pencil.

I havenít done much Pencil work in 30 years or so... but I am really happy with this so far, and would love to get some feedback.

The body and face are mostly finished, but the arms and hair are still pretty rough.... especially the hair (itís just outlined).

I am a bit of a perfectionist and would normally never let anyone see something before it is finished... but Like I said, I havenít done much work in 30 years, so Iím out of practice... and this has taken enough time already that Iíd love some feedback before I get further in.

Please let me know what you think!
Attached Images

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2019, 12:07 AM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada
Re: Nude form from photograph - Warning - erotic content!

needs more mid tones i think .... keep going ...

la
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek,Igbo(Nigeria)
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_
needs more mid tones i think .... keep going ...

Uhg. Well, you are right, of course. I grew up drawing from comics... and have always been complete crap at color (and grayscale), so I guess I subconsciously left it out. This was always my art teacherís biggest criticism too. I guess 30 years of not drawing hasnít helped either.

Thanks LS... I appreciate the feedback. Back to the drawing board!

LD
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2019, 12:51 PM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada

fyi, there is a digital forum here that could probably give you advice on digi techniques ... wc! digital forum

la
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek,Igbo(Nigeria)
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_
fyi, there is a digital forum here that could probably give you advice on digi techniques ...

Thanks La, Iíll check it out. Thankfully the digital realm is the one place I have had experience in the last few decades. Iím proficient in Photoshop, so lots of experience with layers, etc., just been stuck working with a mouse. And somehow Iím still crap with color.

Oh, and sorry I got your name wrong last time. Apparently reading isnít my strongest suit either.

Ld
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member
Smithville, TX USA

Hails from United States

I like the looks of it without the mid Tones! I thought you did it on purpose 'cause it has a cool unique look to it. Very nice. It's minimalistic! Not all art has to be picture perfect
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-16-2019, 05:46 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from United Kingdom

I like this a lot and the drawing and shapes are really lovely, but I'm afraid I can't quite make sense of the lighting. The majority of her form appears to be lit from the upper left (her right), but the face, jaw, neck, upper chest and the top of the left (her right) arm appear to be lit from the low right (her left).