Home Forums The WetCanvas! Galleria Open Critique Forum WIPs (Works in Progress) Nude form from photograph – Warning – erotic content!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lumpydog

Hi! This is a digital work, done all by hand on an iPad with the Apple Pencil.

I haven’t done much Pencil work in 30 years or so… but I am really happy with this so far, and would love to get some feedback.

The body and face are mostly finished, but the arms and hair are still pretty rough…. especially the hair (it’s just outlined).

I am a bit of a perfectionist and would normally never let anyone see something before it is finished… but Like I said, I haven’t done much work in 30 years, so I’m out of practice… and this has taken enough time already that I’d love some feedback before I get further in.

Please let me know what you think!

La_

needs more mid tones i think …. keep going …

la

Lumpydog

needs more mid tones i think …. keep going …

Uhg. Well, you are right, of course. I grew up drawing from comics… and have always been complete crap at color (and grayscale), so I guess I subconsciously left it out. This was always my art teacher’s biggest criticism too. I guess 30 years of not drawing hasn’t helped either. :)

Thanks LS… I appreciate the feedback. Back to the drawing board!

LD

La_

fyi, there is a digital forum here that could probably give you advice on digi techniques … wc! digital forum

la

Lumpydog

fyi, there is a digital forum here that could probably give you advice on digi techniques …

Thanks La, I’ll check it out. Thankfully the digital realm is the one place I have had experience in the last few decades. I’m proficient in Photoshop, so lots of experience with layers, etc., just been stuck working with a mouse. And somehow I’m still crap with color. :rolleyes:

Oh, and sorry I got your name wrong last time. Apparently reading isn’t my strongest suit either. :angel:

Ld

robinsn

I like the looks of it without the mid Tones! I thought you did it on purpose ’cause it has a cool unique look to it. Very nice. It’s minimalistic! Not all art has to be picture perfect:)

-Randy

SarahY

I like this a lot and the drawing and shapes are really lovely, but I’m afraid I can’t quite make sense of the lighting. The majority of her form appears to be lit from the upper left (her right), but the face, jaw, neck, upper chest and the top of the left (her right) arm appear to be lit from the low right (her left).

http://www.shyeomans.co.uk
                                \m/ neue deutsche härte \m/
                                Nothing left but smoke and cellar, and a woman with a black umbrella...

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.