Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Gallery Acuarela de Almonaster la Real municipio de Huelva, Andalucía

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jomaca

Kaylen

hi, looks pretty good , but there are a few things that might help,but everyone likes different stuff so my opinion is just my opinion,,,the value of the main structure is a little strong for something that far away,,and even if the houses in the middle are white I think they would appear darker, that big white area distracts from the main building,,, good luck and lets see some more

Kaylen Savoie
            https://www.savoieartist.com/
            At least twice a year,paint something better than you ever painted before.

rossmarie

Not bad. I like the dark blue sky. I think you need a much sharper foreground to set the middle distance houses back. Foregrounds I always find hardest to paint and I feel yours is a bit over-complicated.

Mike :)

pa-paw

This could be a very nice painting, but I think it might need a bit more work. The mid-ground houses are begging for color and shading. Can you see the foreground forest of trees needing to be a bit darker? The sky is nice. Cheers!:)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pa-paw/
                    [FONT=Calibri]Photography and Art Work

Ellen E

My suggestion is to darken the little village and the foreground into a more neutral and shadowed/subdued area, but then add some really strong bright touches to the structure at the top and right of the hill, brightest highlights on the top of the building and then gradually getting less bright as it gets into less prominence further down the hill. I think the focal point of the painting is the structure in the distance and that you should draw attention to it by highlighting it more.

ETA: By focusing most attention on that distant point, your eye goes straight to that and then will kind of meander down into the village the the way a tourist might visit that structure at the top and then leisurely stroll down the hillside to see the charming little village which brings the eye down to the rest of the painting.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.