WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Think Tank > Creativity
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-14-2014, 06:47 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
The Land of Enchantment

Hails from United States
Re: The Hobbies of Artists

I'd like to take long walks in the woods. No woods around here without rattlesnakes. Dangerous to take a walk in these parts. I am planning (hoping/praying) to go back to the area I was at simply so I can take a walk without bears, mountain lions and biting poison snakes. -- also so I can grow lots more orchids. Next time I move, It may be to the South. Like near Houston.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Enthusiast
London, UK

Hails from Ireland

I like going for walks too, on my own. When I'm on my own I can dawdle and look at things and watch the grass grow if I want. But rarely get the chance. I love to read as well, sometimes books I've read before.

Website
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2014, 11:21 PM
Immortalized

Hails from Estonia

When the weather is nice I love to go biking on the local bike trails and yes love walking daily, but the rest of my time is dominated by creative activities, embroidery,life drawing, painting, photography, blogging .
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-19-2014, 03:03 PM

Hails from United Kingdom

Nice reading about people's hobbies

For me, drawing/painting is my hobby, I'll got for months without doing anything, although I really enjoy it once I get going. I also dabble in photography though I'm not technical! Reading (lots and lots of reading) and I recently joined a choir at work Oh, and I keep snakes but I don't know that they're exactly a hobby LOL.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-20-2014, 11:59 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

I have an aquarium and I build models, though as I get into art more and more I build fewer and fewer models. If it wasn't for the friends I have in the model building hobby with whom I meet regularly I'd probably give up model building altogether.

David
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2014, 11:27 PM
Veteran Member
Canada

Hails from Canada

I am an artist with a hobby. I spend approximately 50 hrs a week on this hobby...it is called quality and process improvement management. I am very fortunate that I can make a little money off of said hobby too, you know, to help with the expenses and all that.

But honestly... I used to be a glass lampworker for my main artistic pursuit, with dabbling in oil painting, now it is oil painting with the occasional glasswork thrown in.

I also have recently discovered the joys of plant terrariums, so much fun, and finally allows me to keep plants and a cat in one household.
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2014, 09:30 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Expat
it is called quality and process improvement management.

Not that it's a reflection on you but that kind of thing is the primary reason I want out of the corporate world so bad! I've had it up to here with these stupid business fads! Go LEAN on this! Go sit on your Kaizan and spin! Sorry, not directed at you, just getting some frustration out.

David
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2014, 08:52 PM
A Local Legend
Los Angeles, CA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Expat
...it is called quality and process improvement management. I am very fortunate that I can make a little money off of said hobby too

Are you sure this isn't Amway?

Last edited by Artyczar : 01-22-2014 at 09:15 PM.