Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects Buck, a horse xp Watermedia

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    robertsloan2

Buck, a buckskin horse from life
        3″ x 5″ Supracolor Soft and wash on Pocket Moleskine Watercolor journal.

My daughter did three trims this afternoon and Buck was very well behaved for his pedicure. So I drew and painted him. He did have these little patches of dark on his face and legs and dark tail and mane. A bay crossed with a palomino came out with the buckskin color and something like the bay markings, but not a Dun because he didn’t get the primitive markings. I missed the white blaze on his face by the angle of his head.

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
        Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
        blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting

Cool sketch, Robert. I just haven’t even tried to sketch animals from life yet.

Christel

Since sketch. I don’t do much sketching, either. Something to try!

Penny
        I live in Wiltshire, England
        “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Triduana

Great sketch Robert, I like the colouring. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

fedetony

:)…is nice

Federico Garcia
                My Blog
                C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Ron

Great little plein air sketch, Robert! Your daughter is one tough cookie to do what she does!

Skappy

Lovely sketch

robertsloan2

Purr thank you! Oh yeah, I am seriously impressed with her shoeing. She shoes Clydesdales and Percherons, horses that have feet the size of artist stool seats. I have seen these elephantine creatures close up and she handles them like it’s nothing. They even start to misbehave I hear her voice harden and she swats them and they behave. She has more trouble with the mini horses that are only the size of large dogs!

Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com

CaliAnn

Excellent sketch Robert :)

KareBear94

Nice sketch Robert :)

robertsloan2

Thank you! I love doing animals from life.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.