Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    IaStavig

I’m a recreational painter and sometimes I use my paintings in my work as a real estate stager. This is an abstract, watercolor and acrylic on canvas. The canvas is 30”x48”

What can I do to make this look more finished?
        Is there enough contrast between the color “weights” of the grey and tan areas?
        Also, would the grey and tan edges look more finished if they were blurred? Or straighter..?

Thanks for any input!

La_

interesting
            is there a fine line between ‘edgy’ and ‘angry’
            i’m wondering of the not so subtle giant X
            and how to make it a bit more friendly (given the context you’re placing it in)
            perhaps to streak some gold atop (peeking through) the black
            and/or to add some warmth to the large(st) white area, perhaps even bringing the gold down more, almost to the bottom so its warm richness overpowers the darkness.

la

Sparro

I like it. Perhaps you can break up the large white area by creating one more slice of color (radiating from the center) of a color mix somewhere between the white and brown. It would be a soft transition to contrast the big black “asterisk” in the center. Also, it would be hard to resist putting a tiny spot of red somewhere, since it goes well with black. (but, a little red goes a long way). Also, I’d keep it blurred, not straightened. I think it looks nicer that way.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.