WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Miniature Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2008, 10:27 AM
WC! Guide

Post Project Discussion: Out of Africa Trade

A new project has been announced in the WetCanvas! project system!

Title: Out of Africa Trade
Project Leader: "J"
Relative Difficulty: Irrelevant
Type Restrictions: Any Type
Medium: Any Medium
Subject: Not Applicable
Days open for signups: 30
Maximum participants allowed: 25

Description:

This will be an ATC/Postcard trade. This will be a good time to use photos from the RIL or your own zoo photos. Not limited to animals tho. Anything African...scenes, animals, masks, natives, trees, flowers, or anything that reminds you of Africa.\\r\\n\\r\\nPlease read all rules and make sure you understand the project and can commit to fulfilling the required cards before you sign up. Otherwise it is not fair to the ones who make their cards and mail them out.\\r\\n\\r\\nYou will be making one original art card for each of the participants signed up. That would make 24 cards if we get a full project.\\r\\n\\r\\nYou will be provided with a list of mailing addresses for the participants after the project signup time has ended. After you have signed up, please pm to me your name and mailing address. Please include your user name at Wetcanvas. There will be cards to mail to other countries so be sure to check the postage requirements. \\r\\n\\r\\n

Additional Information:

For more information on the project: Click here!

Remember, in order to help keep the discussions on projects organized, you should post your questions, suggestions, and comments on submitted work here in this thread. By doing this, we allow other non-project efforts to not get "pushed down" by a swarm of project-related threads.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Lord of the Arts
Shelbyville, KY

Hails from United States
Re: Project Discussion: Out of Africa Trade

Jeanne,

As you know I got sidelined by my mothers death. I am still working on everyday and trip pictures. It was hard getting back into the swing of things, but I am getting there. I know I can produce any number of african animal and plant cards. I would like to sign up.

I have not been able to load pictures on the RIL since the big crash, however, no matter if I am in the project or not anyone can use my reference pictures on flickr. Since I am in SAn Diego today going thru the Wild Animal Park there are a lot of african animals available now and in the near future.

Jean

ps consider yourself waved at. I went to CALM last Monday and will pass thru Bakersfield again Thurs.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2008, 12:21 PM
WC! Guide

Did you enjoy CALM? I have some really up close photos of the roadrunner there. He really likes me and follows me from one viewing area to another. He is in with the turtles.

Thanks for the use of your photos. I was trying to find the site where they were when I did a safari trade in another forum. Thats where the icon for the project was from. I love doing animals. The only problem is I like doing them in graphite That will probably be my medium of choice this time as well.

I would appreciate you posting a link to your flicker site. Thanks so much.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:05 PM
WC! Guide
Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Jean, sorry to hear about your Mom! ((HUGS))

Jeanne, I am still on the fence on this one. It sounds so fun, but I am so busy! I love these trades, tho! yes no yes no yes no... geeze!
My Blog * Uploading Images * WDE Participants' Guidelines * WDE Updated Guidelines (for newbies especially) * AMAE Forum Guidelines
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2008, 06:05 PM
WC! Guide

You know you are going to.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2008, 06:55 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
South-East Queensland

Hails from Australia

Give in now Beth.......it will be so much easier in the long run!

Jean will be good if you can join us ....but understand if you need time out for a while still - not good to feel pressured at these times.........know we are thinking of you.

And Jeanne you know I will ...........I truly am addicted because I just joined the one on Drawspace too ........will have to start therapy soon.

Laughter is the sound of the human soul springing a leak.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Veteran Member
Fairview, PA, USA

Hails from United States

This is just NOT fair!! I just cannot sign up for this one ... but the subject is one of my favorites! I am still trying to complete a couple of other projects and not making very fast headway! So I do not dare. I will be checking in for sure! I love African/zoo animals! Have fun you guys!

"The little dissatisfaction which every artist feels at the completion of a work forms the germ of a new work." Berthold Auerbach
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Lord of the Arts
Colorado

Hails from United States

Jeanne, I am so in. This is right up my alley.

Jean, sorry to hear about your Mom. That must be hard on you. Hopefully the Wild Animal Park will cheer you up. One of my very fave places! Although I could use some new refs, I think I have quite a few photos from 2007 I can use.

Beth, you might as well give in, you joiner you. lol.

I found these really cool magnet pockets that can hold ATC's on refridgerators...I'd love to see my studio fridge covered in artwork.

Visit me on Facebook
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Home is now Kansas City MO

Hails from United States

Hi All!! Have been waiting for a new project to open up. I am going to dip my toes in for this one. This is my first project ever and hope that I can live up to all the great art I have been seeing on WC!. So forgive me if I ask some dumb questions now and then. I am looking forward to getting to know ya'll during this project. I have "seen" all the fun you have doing these!!
J you should have my pm waiting. TIA Adria
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Lord of the Arts
Shelbyville, KY

Hails from United States

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Here is the connection to the sets on Flickr. For the majority of African animals I suggest Hoofed, carnivore and other birds along with giraffes.

All my photos are creative commons. The only thing I ask is that I get credit for the reference. I am always adding photos so check back. If there is an animal that you want and can night find a ref picture for me ask. I still have a lot of photos to work on.

Jean
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2008, 01:37 AM
A Local Legend
India

Hails from United Nations

I'd love to take part in this one too, but I'd better finish all those Vacation cards before I take on anything else. The way you've said that it can be anything African is what makes it so tempting, Jeanne.

I'm so sorry to know of your Mother's death, Jean. Art and animals will surely have a therapeutic effect on you. Hugs.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2008, 07:03 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

Hey all, I was going to try and resist any more trades for a while, but since I just finished up the last 3 I was in, and when I saw J mention masks....
I believe I will join, I love wooden masks, so think my series will be masks if that is ok. (tho I LOVE your animal photos Jean)
nice to see some new and familiar faces, I am glad to see you again Jean, I had heard about your mom in another trade,
Beth: you KNOW you just have to join with all those new techniques you are trying

I'm in!

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Lord of the Arts
Cambridgeshire, UK

Hails from United Kingdom

Ok, I'm all signed up for this one. I did a few ATC-sized pieces for the Everyday Items exchange and I think I may be addicted
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2008, 01:29 PM
WC! Guide

Sharon all it takes is one trade to get addicted.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2008, 11:22 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
West Virginia

Hails from United States

This is my first project also. I hope that I can keep up with you all, and that I learn all about Africa!!Can't wait to get started!! Vicki