Home Forums Explore Media Digital Art Digital Art Showcase To critque or not to critique?!?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Elainepsq

When posting a new thread, please let us know if you would welcome a critique by specifying in your title CRITIQUE PLEASE. Sometimes we post our work here hoping for constructive criticism but some may feel shy posting their work, and not be comfortable with being critiqued.

When you are responding to a thread, I always encourage you to offer positive comments, but hold your criticisms and suggestions for improvement unless you see the words CRITIQUE PLEASE in the title.

When critiquing, I suggest that you state a positive aspect before pointing out a weakness of the piece, and when possible suggest something that be done for improvement or should be improved with a suggestion.
        For example: I like the use of color, but the shadows seem a little weak. I’d suggest darkening the shadows.

Let’s strive to make this forum a place were we can all learn and grow together.

jow104

Elaine adding to your very useful post I came across this article at a very informative art drawing tutorial with over 200 free videos.
            So posting this article if you do not find acceptable please feel free to delete without offence.

http://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/critique

Excellent advice.  Hope you don’t mind if I offer up my two cents (worth about .0047 cents after inflation).

Penny One:  Critique the art; don’t criticize the artist. Try to avoid use of the pronoun, you.

Penny Two:  If offering advice on specific methods or techniques, provide a link to a page that explains it or is the basis for the suggestion.  Telling someone else to “look it up” is not helpful. When you know what you’re talking about, contribute a link to actually help the artist who came to this page for help. If you want the artist to go somewhere else, give ’em a specific place to go.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.