WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#76   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Enthusiast
Loveland, OH.

Hails from United States
Re: Issa Live 2012!

Terri,
I went back and shot the entire show Sunday morning when there were no people milling around. I can't post them from my camera 'til I get home, but it'll be a pretty big thread.
  #77   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Enthusiast
Houston, TX

Hails from United States

Love ya Matt! I stopped feeling sorry for myself for not being there when I realized I just wasn't physically up to the trip yet, but my heart wants instant gratification! Big warm group hugs to all
  #78   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQB
Terri,
I went back and shot the entire show Sunday morning when there were no people milling around. I can't post them from my camera 'til I get home, but it'll be a pretty big thread.

Will look forward to seeing your photographs Matthew.
  #79   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-09-2012, 09:00 PM
A Local Legend
Southwestern Corner of Utah

Hails from United States

Matt, whose art sold on Sunday?
  #80   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Vermont, USA

Hails from United States

I just saw the winners. Wow! Congratulations for stunning work! I wish I could have been there to see it all in person. Well done everyone.
  #81   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Immortalized
North/Central Saskatchewan

Hails from Canada

Thankyou Ace I envisioned myself right there with you (only I was drinking a cool margarita) in a bright tropical print sundress Red & black with a splash of yellow! OOo I have a lovely Tan!!!------- ok I am dreaming... who am I kidding....I don't tan, I'm a Red Head. BUT what a nice trip! Thanx Acc!!

Congratulations to all the Award winners!~ That's some tough competition you beat there! A pat on the back is definately called for!
  #82   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:47 AM
A WC! Legend
Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

This weekend I met legends!!!!! I strode among giants! I wandered down the aisles of God-Given talent!!

I take that last one back. Yes, they are talented. But they work hard on their skill and talent doesn't come from within but hard work and dedication does and that's what these people exude!!!

I am forever blessed to be among these friends.

Oh, and Allan was there. He's ok too!!

(He's a flaming wonderful guy as if you guys didn't know already)
  #83   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Veteran Member
Santa Cruz, CA

Hails from United States

Holy Toledo and anywhere else you can think of in the world! I can not begin to put in words what a fantastic show, group of people and incredibly generous sharing of talent, skills, technique and tools I just experienced!!!! And that was an attempt not to have such a run on sentence. My family was able to drive over to see the show and just loved it and really enjoyed all the crazy scratchers too! Of course they had a pretty good idea of crazy since I do that scratchy thing also . I'm still feeling a bit speechless at how wonderful the people and art is! After getting caught up on some sleep perhaps I can stop blathering and focus on something specific like uploading photos. . . thanks to everyone there that shared! I feel much more comfortable with asking for assistance now!
  #84   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-10-2012, 10:59 PM
WC! Guide
Northern California

Hails from United States

I got home about an hour ago. Winding down, but still jazzed (although I think a nap is in order). I have much to digest mentally - ideas, techniques, special moments, friendships!! It was wonderful to meet people I had only known virtually and to put names/faces to their art.

It's really hard to put into words what a fantastic experience it has been. Seeing all that gorgeous (and extremely varied) scratchboard work in one place was magical. Knowing that we're on the cusp of something big in terms of getting this art form recognized is pretty much mind boggling.

You will NOT be disappointed if you are able to attend next year's event!!!

Oh, and meeting Allan was an experience in itself . . . worth the price of admission.

Web Site - Pet Portraits - Facebook
  #85   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-11-2012, 04:29 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

I tell you what. I can't wrap my head around all of this.
The People, the art, the laughs, the beauty of this state, the weather, the food, the scratching demos, the lobby sessions, the road trip sight seeing.
My mind is jello.
Harold, Angela and I are all alone.
We are so wiped out from all the last few days of the most awesome-est experiences....we are so tired.....so drained.....there's only one thing we can do.....I guess we'll just head off to our rooms and try to sleep

HA HA HA!!!!!!!! HELL NO! We are down in the lobby scratchin' scratchin' SCRATCHIN!!!!!! This party aint over there's more boards left!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harold said all you guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves for leaving us all alone!!!!

#86   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Enthusiast
Houston, TX

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickHedges
\

And then to top it all off, at the AGM over pizza, Rodman performed magic tricks for a goggle-eyed Patrick, his wife and two sons. Rod is not only magic with his art, not only magic with his magic, but he is also magic with his personality
And he rides unicycles, jumps out of airplanes and sticks needles in people too? BUT CAN HE BAKE A CHERRY PIE?
  #87   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-11-2012, 04:54 PM
WC! Guide
Northern California

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticelf
And he rides unicycles, jumps out of airplanes and sticks needles in people too? BUT CAN HE BAKE A CHERRY PIE?

Probably not, but I bet he can knock out an awesome drawing of one in about an hour!!

BTW, I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Rich Schafermeyer videotaped all the demos and they'll be available on YouTube after he has time to edit them. So if you weren't there, you can still see what happened at the workshops. And if you were there, you can still see what happened at the workshops! I found myself watching the little monitor on his camera to get a better view, so I'm sure the videos will reveal many things we didn't see at the time.

Thank you Rich! This is no small task.

Web Site - Pet Portraits - Facebook
  #88   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Enthusiast
Houston, TX

Hails from United States

Thank you Rich (and Sheba thanks you through inter-dimensional communication.) If you do dvds, dibs on the first!
  #89   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Texas

Hails from United States

Ooooo. Videos on YouTube of the demos. Awesome! I look forward to that.

My website: http://stephaniehford.com
  #90   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-11-2012, 11:25 PM
A WC! Legend
Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

Yes, big vote of thanks to Rich for that. He's a darn nice bloke too.

Two more full days to go in the States. Bummer. I'll have to do some scratching to fill the void!