WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Computers and Technology for Artists
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Columbia, MO

Hails from United States
Which PDA to buy?

Hello! I currently have a Palm Vx that has served me well, but it is showing its age now and I want to upgrade to something newer. I only have about $200 to spend, so I would like to know if anyone here has some advice to give. I am thinking about the Zire 31, the Tungsten E, a refurbished Zire 71 at the local Radio Shack, and a refurbished Zire 72 at the same place (the 72 would be $250 so I would really have to want it!) I don't know if the Zire 31 would really be what I want, because I want Documents to Go and it doesn’t come standard. I am also concerned about reports of hardware problems with the Zire's and the Tungsten. I thought about a Clie, but if I read correctly the one at the price I want doesn’t have any mp3 capability which I also want. Does anyone here have an opinion? Thanks!
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 10:27 AM
A Local Legend
Gainesville, MO

Hails from United States
Re: Which PDA to buy?

I recently picked up a Nokia Communicator 9290. It enabled me to get rid of my cell phone and my PDA, because it combines the two. The 9290 is dog ugly, but it's very cool! It opens like a little laptop and is so easy to type on. I keep various documents in it, and photos of my newest work to show people "on the go". I got it for $50 after the $150 rebate at nokia.com. I see they have new models now that aren't as ugly as these first ones.

My sister got the Blackberry.. she loves it, as does anyone else I know who has them. It's also a cell phone/PDA combo.

Just as something to consider.

Helen