Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Life model drawing – short pose

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    wendyv123

We had a new model in class today, we did short poses. I used a parallel pen for this one.
        [ATTACH]868472[/ATTACH]

Anonymous

Yep, you certainly caught the spirit of that pose :thumbsup: .
            I’m pleased to see you making good use of the Pilot parallel pen too, we don’t see enough of that here :confused: ,what is it anyway other than a reed pen ?
            I think it teaches us the value of drawing at speed , the value of mixing fine & broad marks & loosening up too.
            Getting lost worshiping at the alter of fine line pens is a VERY easy trap to fall into at the expense of neglecting a whole load of different possibilities in the breadth of a pens broad expressive voice.
            I would never have fallen into that trap !:o :o :o :lol:
            Mike

Nice quick drawings Wendy, you’ve done well for short poses.:thumbs up:
            I do envy you having these Life classes!:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

wendyv123

Nice quick drawings Wendy, you’ve done well for short poses.:thumbs up:
                I do envy you having these Life classes!:)

There is Pascale (female) on monday, Jos (male) every two weeks on tuesday, one on wednesday, Lola on thursday and Miet (female) on saturday :) :) :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Plenty of practice!:lol:

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

cwilliamson

I like the energy of this one. Really nice quick piece. How long do you get per pose?

Clark

wendyv123

short poses are 10-20 minutes, quick poses are 2 upto 5 minutes, long poses are +30 minutes…. depends on what the teacher has in mind :) I am only a beginner, the short and quick poses are really heard to capture.

Very nice and fluid. :thumbsup:

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                        Find me on Instagram
                        Find me on Facebook

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.