Home Forums Explore Media Clay First miniatures

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    honey hatter

I thought i would post these as i dont think ive ever shown them here. My first mini’s i ever when after i quit drawing and picked up polymer clay.
        I name each of my mini’s, such a hatter thing to do. I feel like when i make them a little bit of me goes into each one so there is life there even though they are frozen like a person caught in the frame of a picture.
        This is Fin, mouse adventurer and warrior.
        IMG_20180423_105350 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr
        IMG_20180423_105945 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr
        IMG_20180423_110032 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr
        this next one is Tim and Flit, tim is the teeny tiny little mousey you see atop the long tailed tit-bird Flit.
        IMG_20180423_110241 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr
        Flit i had to do alittle research on as i had never made a bird before, i found the smallest cutest photo of a bird and went from there.
        IMG_20180423_110352 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr
        This next one is the third mouse adventurer i made, although he’s a rat. Thomas the Rat archer, every good protagonist needs a good antagonist.
        Fin vs. Rat Archer.
        IMG_20180423_110734 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr
        IMG_20180423_110902 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr
        the rat paw holding an arrow on his quiver pack is Thomas’s clan insignia. I painted it on with acrylic.
        this next piece is called Skift, it means a light fall of snow.
        I havent quite finished this piece, i meant to but other ideas kept cropping up. I wanted to add some more snowfall around is paws, and put 3 or 4 tiny mice knights riding upon his back holding a very long lance… charging an unseen foe.
        IMG_20180423_111106 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr
        IMG_20180423_111203 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr
        this next piece is my 3rd diroama, the 1st and 2nd i made bunnies having a picnic tea party with cake.
        This piece the birds name is Berdinand. The fairy planting fairy seeds is called tulip. I wanted this to be like the story of hansel and gretel with breadcrumbs, and a fairy circle with mushrooms. She’s luring Berdinad to the center of her spiral, soon she’ll close the circle.
        IMG_20180423_111318 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr
        IMG_20180423_111627 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr
        IMG_20180423_111531 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr
        Ohhhh Tulip and her fairy circle do glow in the dark:)

"Oh look a white rabbit!"

I love these! They are so creative and charming to boot.

The charging rabbit is so dramatic too, what a great sense of movement you’ve captured.

Bravo!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

Pine Cone

HH – It’s been awhile since I surfed this forum – I had no idea these were here!

What an INCREDIBLE [/B]collection!!! 😂[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I’m a huge fan of mice and birds in real life, but the amazement I feel looking at these goes beyond that. You’ve got such an imagination!!!

Thank you for sharing these awesome treasures 🎼 :music:

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Pine Cone

HH – I have to add – what a great sense of individual personality all your pieces have. I don’t know if it’s because of your attention to detail, or simply your love of what you are doing, but they seem real, and I think they are!!! It seems immediately apparent that you’ve put yourself into them, and given them souls :heart:

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Bobbi Ross

Wow. These are incredible.
                    I’m going home today and throw my clay away.
                    My stuff looks like untalented three year old’s stuff next to these.
                    (Sad face)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.