Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Tuesday 16th July 2019 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Good morning all, I hope you got back to sleep Geoff.

78 today, I ordered a graphics tablet that should work on both my laptop and Android tablet, it was reduced yesterday on Prime day.:thumbsup:

I have to investigate whether I can get Ruth’s TV working, it is showing “no signal”.

Is it me, or is there a problem with the wetcanvas notification system? I only received one notification this morning instead of the usual dozen or so?

Clouded over out there but forecast to be hot.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

shipbroker

Managed sleep about 0300,woke 0530! Feel rubbish but do have Drs. Appointment later.
        Weather dry.
        Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Lulu

Happy birthday Doug! And many happy returns. :heart:

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

shipbroker

Happy birthday Doug..

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Thank you Lulu, Geoff, I don’t feel a day older :lol:

Par for the course Geoff.

Just heard from Gilliame (Guilly), he couldn’t log in.

Doug

doppler

Happy birthday Doug

(if it is … That Lulu can be mischievous …. well, naughty)

If it’s not good evening … to all.

Quiet day today. Wind gone. We didn’t do anything we intended to do today.

:wave: to all following

Annie
                    "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                    Steven Wright
                    My Flickr Site

Thanks Annie, waiting for photos ….. :)

Doug

Lulu

(if it is … That Lulu can be mischievous …. well, naughty)

Me?? :angel:

Tonight the family are in San Marino…a country within a country.. tomorrow they will be ‘home’.

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Que Sera

Morning all. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DOUG, and thank you for moving my post. I didn’t even notice I was on the wrong day.

When our TV says “no signal” I switch the sky box of for a wee while then try again. Of course that’s no help if you don’t have Sky 😄😄.

Geoff, interesting that you mentioned the moon last night. I’m often awake in the middle of the night when the moon is full. We have quite thick curtains but I suppose it could be the light shining. Or lunacy on my part 😬.

This morning I was woken by a noise. Scaffolders were here very early dismantling some, but not all of the scaffolding. No doubt they will be back tomorrow. Painters are still painting. Lots of windows open which is letting in fresh air and paint smells and a rather cool breeze.

Char, I think the gloss paint they use is oil based. Oil is the one painting medium I have no intention of using. I admire the finished product but it the process is not for me. I do though like gloss paint outside.

Sharon, you made me laugh with your roofers. Sadly, or perhaps fortunately, I have no swimming pool to offer my lot, but as Uschi suggests, they are already getting a bit too cosy.

Congrats to Ellen and Char on painting successes, and to Tracy on jam making, and thank you all for your photographs of babies and kitties and gardens etc.

I have singing class this afternoon and a flower arranging workshop this evening. I’ll need to shop for flowers once I’ve done the teas and coffees for the painters.

Enjoy your day, especially if it’s your birthday.

QS

In all these things we are more than conquerors.

:wave: Good evening everyone..

Interesting day here. I arrived a day early to the Drs :lol: have to go back tomorrow at 8.00am. So had a nice coffee and went for a walk around the shopping plaza, ended up in KMart. I bought a dandy flat pack cabinet for 35.00

I want it for a bookcase. So Alan pulls it out of the box, lays it on the floor and start assembling all the parts. After awhile he asked for help , and we assembled it together. Took about an hour, no harsh words, a few parts left over, :lol: and me with 2 wounds one bleeding. :lol:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUG:heart:

Your family have had the best ever holiday Lulu.

Waving to all :wave:

JJ
                            Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                            MY BLOG
                            My Youtube videos

Lulu

Only you JJ :lol:
                                At least it wasn’t the day before!
                                The family have 6 more weeks of holiday, that will be spent at their Italy home. But yes, they do have amazing holidays, no wonder the children don’t want to leave home:lol:
                                However, at the end of this holiday they will deliver their eldest to begin uni in the Netherlands.

Line dancing today…was quite challenging. Sure is a workout! Used to try to go to the gym afterwards, I don’t any more, I just go for coffee lol

Bed time here so better wish you all goodnight:wave:

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Something must have happened while I was sleeping overnight because there is a bit of water in the little pot I keep on the patio table.

Another hot and VERY humid day. Lunch with friend Lynn at Café Bombay. Rinse the wall I washed yesterday with clean water I ran out of time yesterday.

While I am concentrating on “the wall” and “the room” I am kind of ignoring the other rooms need to do some catch up there.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUG!!! Wishing you a wonderful day and many happy and healthy returns!!!

Nice shelf unit JJ:thumbsup:

Ellen, your paintings are wonderful so of course it was accepted – CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Tracy, congratulations to joining the Instant Pot Crowd!! and :thumbsup: for spinning, isn’t it a bit warm for that right now??

Geoff, not much sleep for you:eek:

:wave: to you Lulu, Annie and QS.

Bill hasn’t shown himself for about 3 days, Bill stop worrying us and sign in!!!

Uschi

:wave: Another warm day, I’m off to the Village for the Costume committee. Then DD comes to help me get some order out of my storage room. I still can’t lift stuff so she will be a great help.

Happy Birthday, Doug!!

I’ll check in when I get back, have a great day!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :heart:

Cheers, Lynn
                                    www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                                    "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Good Morning Gang! It’s hot. It’s humid. It’s getting hotter. The house walls have begun to warm up and the air conditioner is working to keep us cool. I think it’s a great strain on the power grid and I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose our hydro in the days ahead. It will be 34C by the end of the week. No rain in the forecast…

Ted will undergo his esophageal scope this morning in Windsor. We’ll leave shortly for the 1+ hour drive to the hospital. I cancelled my afternoon Class.

The window cleaners did a nice job yesterday. While they were cleaning, I was too… :) I decided to vacuum up the kitty fur tumbleweeds that are floating throughout the main floor. This heat is causing them to molt like crazy! And I had to move everything off the window sills, it and then return it all when the Cleaners were finished their work.

If we get home at a decent time today, I’ll harvest my kale again. And the Swiss chard. My cherry tomatoes are ripening like mad and I’ll bring them in the house, too. There’s enough to make a delicious pan sauce.

Congratulations, Ellen… of course, I’m not surprised. Your work is gorgeous.

Congratulations on your new appliance, Tracy! I have two of them and use them several times a week. If you have a FB account, there’s a fabulous group there. They share recipes and offer good advice. Ask me any questions you have and I’ll do my best to help out.

[FONT=”Georgia]Happy Birthday, Doug![/FONT] And many more!!!

Hiya (((Geoff))), Lulu and Annie.

QS… a flower arranging workshop sounds like a lot of fun!

JJ… there are no words. :lol: Nice little bookshelf.

Uschi, the rest of the house can’t be all that bad… no cats and no kids… :lol:

Lynn, I’m glad your Daughter is coming to help you deal with your stuff. It may be pretty warm working at the Village!

Ted’s getting anxious… time to go. :wave: Have a great day, everyone!

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

:wave: everyone,
                                    It is partly cloudy and 21 right now but the humidity is 85%. The high today will be 28 with a humidex of 36. :eek: We will be closing the windows and turning on the portable air conditioners shortly.

I’m not going to try to do any outside work today. My only plans are to meet some of the girls for lunch and then maybe run some errands with Brian later this afternoon.

Happy birthday Doug!

Breakfast is next then shutting up the house to try and preserve what coolness we have. Enjoy your day everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.