WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 02:21 AM
Lord of the Arts
Perth, Western Australia

Hails from Australia
**** Daily Wash - Saturday November 16th 2019 ****

Well, Hi there,

It has been yet another very hot day here in Western Australia, at 1100 here, it was 38.8 !!!!!!

And what was I doing, Sweeping out the back patio areas because they were beggining to get to me there were sooooo many leaves. After I had been doing it for about two hours plus extra to help Monty out, Monty decided to call it for lunch time.

I made lunch, and we sat and cooled down, then it was time to start again, Monty said that my Studio Airconditioner was on and to go in there and finish in the morning when it was a little cooler. Sounds like a plan, so I cleaned up the indside after lunch, only to step outside and find out that he was finishing off what I had started, that was certainly a nice surprise.

So, I am here in my Studio, and decided to open up todays Wash before starting on doing some more rock painting.

I promise, I will try as best I can to take some pictures of what we have done in place of the pool. The front garden pictures will have to wait now, as the poppies have finished and I am just patiently waiting for them to drop their seed. Once that happens, we will re-mulch the bed and put in Portulacca, and when they are at their best I will take some photos.

I will say cheerio for now and may try to come back later otherwise it will be tomorrow.

Take Care and enjoy your day whatever it may bring.
Love Carolynn : heart:

Last edited by CJMonty : 11-16-2019 at 02:34 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 02:57 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: **** Daily Wash - Saturday November 16th 2019 ****

Good morning all, good evening Carolynn (it is Saturday by the way, I changed the day.)

I look forward to seeing your photographs.

It's a chilly, misty Autumn morning here but dry so far. My back pain as eased a lot and I marvel at my bodies ability to recover. I'll be back playing snooker on Tuesday.

Going to cook a chicken casserole in the IP today.

Doug
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 03:19 AM
Lord of the Arts
Perth, Western Australia

Hails from Australia

OOPs!!!!!!!!

Thanks for correcting that Doug.

May I ask what an IP is.

For lunch I made Monty a Chicken,Kalamata Olive, Sundried tomatos and roasted capsicum flat Turkish Roll which I toasted in the press for him.
I had Mini Chicken Dim Sums with Sweet Chilli Sauce.
For Dinner I am just doing a small Antipasto dish between us.

I particularly like this time of the year here as we have so many beautiful Summer Fruits available.

Ok, Shall say cheerio again, may be back later on.

Love to All, :grouphu g:
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 03:54 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

You're welcome!

IP is short for Instant Pot - an electric pressure cooker with timer and other controls. The original is not available in the UK but many versions by other manufacturers are. It is a very quick and convenient way to cook, "load and forget". My beef stew the other day took just 35 minutes. There are may YouTube videos and recipes.

Doug
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 04:46 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Earache is making me feel miserable.

This however

Doug, I am cooking a roast chicken in my Pressure Cooker, too hot for the oven.

Last edited by laudesan : 11-16-2019 at 04:48 AM.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 04:51 AM
Enthusiast

Good Morning All.
Dull and dark.
A Green Woodpecker on the tree again, taking seed from the feeders.
Sweetiepie is a lot more chipper so hopefully whatever ailed him is over.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 05:18 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

Good evening all.

Ros I'm glad Sweetiepie is getting better.

My cats are in but are hanging around the screen door. Cool breeze after a disgusting day. My way of getting them away is not thoughts and prayers, but a pointed comment of hugs and kisses. They are off.

Carolynn looking forward to seeing water

Poor little snake. The inside of plasters stink. It must have suffocated.

Made the mistake of watching SBS world news. Am having a small Baileys to cope. Cold of course.

Hope sun yang survives the inquisition. Australia should just shut up after one of our female swimmers tested positive to a drug, which is simply not naturally occurring, despite her claims. Shock and bewilderment are easy to feign when caught.

Told you I shouldn't have watched the news ...

My Flickr Site
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 05:48 AM
Chesterfield, Derbyshire

Morning Carolynn, Doug, JJ, Rod and Annie, to all who wash up later, and huggles to all who need them

Snakes in a plaster cast!!!

I was woken early this morning with a text from Jane letting off steam about being called out at 5:15am by her elderly father's alarm service calling her to tell her his alarm had been triggered, which turned out to be a false alarm, and after that I couldn't get back to sleep.

Cold and overcast here this morning. Nothing much planned for the day, though hopefully will get some painting done at some point.

I've not managed to put paint to paper yet, but got my new Arches paper out and sketched out this month's challenge. Just handling the paper though I couldn't get over how different it feels. I'd got a sketch on the other side of my painting board which never got any further than the sketch stage, which is on the Arteza paper I first started on. There's no comparison. Side by side with the Arches, the Arteza feels almost smooth, and the weight of it's completely different. Cutting the Arches to size, it felt more like cutting card than paper. Looking forward to painting on it!

Back later!

"Living on the edge...trying to not fall off - and painting outside the lines!"

Last edited by BlissC : 11-16-2019 at 05:50 AM.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 06:34 AM
Veteran Member

Morning all. My lovely friend and neighbour dropped round unexpectedly yesterday just after Iíd made a pot of tea. Perfect timing. Iíd painted some more Christmas decorations and was ready for a sit down while I waited for paint to dry. She always cheers me up. We had a little singalong to the ukulele, and that cheered her up too. We do like a sing song.

JJ, I hope you can take something to ease your earache and help you feel better soon. That snake photo is just weird. Must have been a shock.

Rachel, Iíve avoided Arteza since Doug mentioned it. Amazon are always promoting it, and Iíve been tempted so often, but resisted. I use Winsor and Newton pads and I had a great deal on Bockingford sheets from eBay a while ago. Iíve also had some card blanks delivered to try out Christmas cards. Iíll get in with those when I finish the decorations.

Hi to Carolynn, Doug, Annie and poetic Rod, and all who wash up later.

QS

Todayís highlight will be Strictly Come Dancing from Blackpool tonight. Blackpool was where I spent most of my childhood holidays and I worked a season there before going to uni.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 07:53 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
No time for chatting this morning. Iím heading to the shower then the day will be spent at the Handmade Sale. I hope to make a decent amount of scarf sales because I have about 75 right now and I want to recoup some of the money invested in them before I do any more.

Iíll check in this evening and tell you how it went.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 07:58 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is almost 7:00 a.m. here in waking up and getting light Oakwood. We need to get out and rake the leaves up again. The yard is covered with them. The city hasn't been around to pick up the ones we put out by the curb last Sunday, so our mound will get larger....along with everyone else's.

Not much happening around here.

to all,

SYL,

Sylvia
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 08:37 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good Morning Wash Gang... It looks like we'll enjoy a nice day with lots of sun and warmer temps. I wanted to sleep in because working at the Kids' place has worn out this old gal. I couldn't do it. Simon was up early to go to work and I heard him getting ready. So, I came down and helped him get his lunch packed. I've been chatting via Messenger with a friend who also couldn't sleep.

McKenzie doesn't want me to come in today. They'll get some organizing down by themselves. The Contractor has to return on Monday, so a lot of stuff has to stay where it is for now, anyway.

I'll get my 40 sheets of Fabriano and the canvases dragged down to the Studio this morning. Paper is heavy. I'm going to get some canvases gallery wrapped along with my new triptych. I haven't been able to work on anything in the Studio and I'm looking forward to a little "Me" time.

Ted stopped by the Kids' place after his bloodwork yesterday, but he just wasn't well enough to stay. I sent him home with a promise to call me when he got there. He did feel better later in the afternoon and managed to eat a decent dinner. We'll see what today brings.

I haven't read yesterday's Wash yet, and I'll head over there after reading today's!! I will say that I'm glad Carolynn is staying current with us. And that I'm not surprised Monty finished her big job for her.

I'll be back a little later. In the meantime, have the best possible day Everyone!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 09:47 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Quick note, Uschi, skating is on now, cbc.ca/sports, look for the live video from Russia. Sorry , should have said not on TV yesterday, only on line for this one.. started at 5:30 this morning

BBL........

Finally read everything. Just watching a fabulous Russian pair of dancers, our couple comes next.

Still overcast but I hope the sun comes out later, need to go to the Gallery for some information and to get my records straight.. DD coming tomorrow, so I have one more day to get things ready..

Char you are weary. I hope you get some of your own things done.

Thanks for the encouragement, I do feel I'm improving, so that is good!

Good luck with your sales, Ellen, that's a lot of stock!

Have a good day all! to those in need.

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Last edited by LynnM : 11-16-2019 at 10:08 AM.
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 09:54 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good day all,

Cold but a beautiful sun.

JJ, talk about an itch in your cast.

Annie, Cats are not happy in Venice.

I gave Ms. Feral a thorough rubdown this morning. Funny, when I take food out to her, she is more interested in being touched than fed. But the aroma of the dry food soon overtakes her senses.

Char, is Ted still in line for a liver transplant?
I must say, that my Washer friends here are so wonderfully supportive of their children, giving more than one should expect.

Sylvia, the only leaves I can see are those laying on top of the snow. After Char told me that it's better to leave them for the winter, I relaxed and let them fly. I did research on that and various experts confirmed they help protect and nourish the grass. Just make sure to take them up in early spring.

Hi Rachael, Doug and Carolyn. And Lynn,

Odd jobs to do today.
Bill

#15   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 09:57 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!!

Char must be living in a different universe - warmer temps???????? It was -14C during the night and the high is only going to be -6C, that's January weather It will be sunny though

Maybe the seasons are shifting and we'll have spring in January, I live in hope

Not much going on except going for dinner at DIL's parents'.

Char, enjoy your "me" time in your studio!! Sorry Ted's energy isn't improving

Sylvia, the leaves that were raked to the curb here got frozen solid and snowed on, I don't know if the City managed to remove them yet. Same thing happened last year.

Ellen, wishing you fantastic sales!!!

Rachel, sorry your friend got woken up that early but waking you up to keep her company isn't exactly an ideal situation either. On the other hand, that phone of yours must be awfully close to your head to hear the text message coming in I am looking forward to hear what you have to say about painting on Arches. That "Money for Nothing" sounds like an interesting program.

Rod, good news about Sweetie Pie!!

JJ, that is so weird.

Doug, do these pressure cooker dinners taste rally good too???? So glad your back is feeling better.

Carolynn, too hot, too hot, your food offerings sound so good!!

Nancy, you are quite excited about your air fryer, I'll have to see a few videos to see how they work and what they produce. Nancy, glad you learned that your didn't have a real flu but an allergy, not that an allergy is any fun either.

Kay, yes, things sure have changed. I found out yesterday from my massage therapist that now they are doing the new kind of hip replacements here in Canada too. Not in my city yet, she figured it will be offered wherever the surgeons are confident enough to do it. I'll have to read up on it again. You had the traditional one I think, why did you choose that option.

to you Annie and QS!!

Uschi