Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil An introduction

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Winnieike2

Hi! I’m new to WetCanvas. I’m enjoying seeing all the beautiful artwork here. Like many of you, I’m still learning. I started doing colored pencil portraits last May and I’ve learned something new every time I start a new one. I’d really enjoy sharing my latest portrait, but I can’t figure out to do that. I’m using an iPad. Does anybody out there have any advice on how to upload pictures from an iPad? I’m quite technologically challenged, so be patient! 😊

Pingpongfan

I see you now have 4 posts so you should be able to post your portrait. You have to have two in order to be able to add your art. Click on “Go Advanced” and you should be able to load it. Hope that works. Looking forward to seeing your work.
            Vena

Hello, when you have written your post, tap the little square icon with the mountain and sun on it (fourth from the right) – that takes you to your photos. Chose the one you want and it uploads the photo in code to the post – tap the post to confirmit, then tap submit reply.

Good luck!

Penny
            I live in Wiltshire, England
            “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Winnieike2

Thank you both so much for all your help! I’ve tried to upload my artwork but for some reason it won’t load. I’ll try the adcanced icon.
                Thank you!!!

frida

Welcome Tammy!!! :wave:

And welcome to “my” club too, that of the “technologically challenged” ones…

What I see has not been mentioned here is the size of the image. If yours is larger than 800 pixels any way it will NOT load it.

Other then that, as Penny directed you, click on the mountain icon, Browse, find the image in your list, click on it, and once you see it on the WC screen, click on it again to load it. Also, you can click for the “Preview Post” first to make sure all is OK. I love editing, so I arrange spacing and other things that I don’t like… :smug:

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

Winnieike2

Thanks, Frida! Yes, alas, I feel the size is my problem. I got an app to resize the photo’s so maybe I can figure this out. I hope so!!! Still, if I can’t post, I’ll enjoy looking at and learning from the nice people here. Fingers crossed.., 😃

ocmd123

Thanks, Frida! Yes, alas, I feel the size is my problem. I got an app to resize the photo’s so maybe I can figure this out. I hope so!!! Still, if I can’t post, I’ll enjoy looking at and learning from the nice people here. Fingers crossed.., 😃

Welcome! You’re getting lots of good guidance! I have not tried to upload from my iPad, but I’m thinking it should work fine. I often have difficulty uploading phone pics because of size. If size is the problem, you should be getting a message telling you that when you attempt to upload. Sometimes the site will resize things for you, but there must be a limit, because it doesn’t always do that. PM me if you’re still having difficulty and I’ll see what I can do. :)

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
                            Instagram

Save

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.