Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics August 2018 Different Strokes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Attalus

WELCOME TO THE August 2018 DIFFERENT STROKES CHALLENGE

If you would like to host a Different Strokes, please see the Schedule thread here.

Please read the guidelines below carefully.

GUIDELINES:
        All entries must be for this challenge and in acrylics – any type of acrylic.
        Join in the discussion about the project – it’s friendly and fun to learn how others are coping/struggling/thriving!!! But no visual images!
        Help can be gained from asking but also from looking for resource materials elsewhere.
        A ‘reveal’ date for all is 21st of the month – that gives us 3 weeks to make the work, plus an extra week for latecomers.
        Interpret the ideas any way you wish – be inventive, realistic, influenced by another style or ‘…ism’ – it’s up to you!

PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD WORK TO THE THREAD BEFORE THE 21ST OF THE MONTH.** Much more exciting and fun to see what ‘masterpieces’ appear!
        If work is uploaded early it will be moved to a safe place until 21st.

At the end of the month the thread /discussion will be closed and a new challenge will begin.

**Please note, the single ‘reveal’ date is chosen so that we do not influence each other with our individual interpretations ……
        that’s the whole point of it being called ‘Different Strokes’!
        By all means ask questions in the thread or initiate discussion about the challenge – just don’t post images!!!

The challenge this month is: Grant Wood ‘s American Gothic

Many parodies and tributes exist of this picture. Would you like to do one?

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

bluefish

can’t wait to see how you portray “Susie, the vivacious model” in this one…..:clap: :wave:

Can’t make any promises this month but it will be interesting to see what people come up with.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
            Every painting is a new adventure.

maryinasia

Me too

Not sure I’m any good at parodies, but I hope to try this!:lol:

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

talisman

This should be fun, I’ll try to get in on it when I get back home.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                    C and C always welcome.
                    My DeviantArt Gallery

Ooh how interesting. There is a wonderful old “Ontario gothic” style building near my office that I have been meaning to paint. I have a gothic idea brewing already.

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm." - Henry David Thoreau

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library

dave woody

…..oh yes, count me in!

floblue

I’m going to try to fit this one in also. Looks like fun.

Well, yes. I will try! :)

[FONT=Lucida Calligraphy]Let your smile reach your eyes, keep your words always kind, and remember......love opens all doors.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Old_hobbyest

[FONT=”Courier New][/FONT]Sorry I couldn’t participate last month and may not this month either. I downsized to a small house and am still trying to find my art stuff. Haven’t painted since the end of June. Right now I have no place to paint, my easel is embedded in the garage stuff and I have no idea where my brushes and paints are.

Good luck with all that sorting and sifting Jim – awful job!
                                We look forward to you finding those brushes and paints soon.:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

dave woody

I have completed my picture for this challenge…..
                                    How many days are there that I need to fight off the devilish urge to ‘tweak’?

talisman

Dave Woody post day is the 21st…..time enough or too much?

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                                        C and C always welcome.
                                        My DeviantArt Gallery

A week left? :eek: – I’m not getting any thoughts in my brain …. better start thinking/day dreaming – as long as I don’t get nightmares!:lol:

Cheers, Maureen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.