Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Jean louis Morell and Ewa Karpinska

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Saint Ragdoll

Browsing through the art books at the book store I came across a book by Jean-Louis Morelle and loved the flowing wet quality to his paintings so I bought his book to see if I could do something like that. Then I saw a post here on WC about his student Ewa Karpinska so I bought her book too.
        I am still gasping from awe at the work in Ewa’s book.This is what I have wanted to do!!!! I am trying to use her style and see what I can do with it. She does a fantastic job of explaining and showing how she achieves the results she does, even has a page of charts of the results that can be achieved…..But as good as her book is, I think I would do much better with a live person as a teacher rather than the book. Does anyone know of any body teaching a workshop in this style?
        By the way the books are “Wet on Wet Watercolour Painting A complete guide to techniques and materials” by Ewa Karpinska and “Watercolour Painting A Complete guide to techniques and materials” by Jean-Louis Morelle

NodakerDeb

Last summer I had a WetCanvas visitor from Belgium :) and she brought her Ewa Karpinska DVD with her. We watched it several times and I agree with you — oh to paint like that! Ewa kept her painting VERY wet the entire time and used all sorts of various tools to achieve her ‘look’. There were times I thought it was going to end up a pure mess but oh my, what a beautiful painting in the end. I was also very impressed that she did all of this on her beautiful hardwood floors in the grand hallway or living room of her home, and had on an outfit that looked like it just came off of a Chanel store rack, complete with heels! She worked on the floor — no table. I don’t think I could that, nope, I know I couldn’t.

Deb

Kate Mc

She does give classes–how’s your French?

I have an extra copy of the DVD that Deb mentioned–I bought an extra copy when ordering one for a friend–again, it’s in French. If you’re interested, you can pm me and we’ll work something out.

What she does is awesome.

Kate

artinwc

I have the two books mentioned and am also in awe of Ewa’s paintings. Even if you chose not to paint in a similar style, the information she gives about the different stages of wetness and different strengths of paint vs water is invaluable information and make the book worth owning. I don’t know a word of French, but would really love to watch her in action. Fortunately, the language of art is universal.

And Deb, don’t feel alone. I know there’s no way I could dress up like that and paint on the floor. :D

Judith

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.