Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Thursday 12 December 2019

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    damar

The week is winding down, I hope it’s going well
        for all of you!

Inside one of the luxury vintage rail coaches

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
        Photos are ©2021
        Cameraman

very good image here fire sure

Norm Dunne
            Lover of the Old Masters Art Period

Cameraman

A tree done in All Auto. This one I toned it down in LEVELS to enhance the YELLOW CENTER BLOOM In LEVELS I used R G B Value 140 in the Center Box

I toned the image down a bit un Leels

Norm Dunne
                Lover of the Old Masters Art Period

Patty, I could travel comfortable under those conditions, ALTHOUGH, I have travelled on a train two times once to Toronto, Canada and once to Chicago. I have to admit that neither trip was comfortable or that much fun. In both cases, the cars we rode in could have used a new set of shocks or springs. And then there was the time element. What could would have taken one hour to reach our destination, it took more like three or four. The railways in our area our outdated and so are the trains.

Thanks Patty for starting the daily. That is a professional looking capture of the interior of the train coach car. You could get a job as a real estate photographer.

Morning, Norm.
                Your photo has nice warm tones to it.

I too have a photo of an interior of a vehicle.

When I visited the car museum last week and as I was walking around taking my photos of the cars, one of the docents walked up and offered to open one of the doors on a vehicle that I was nearby so I could photograph the interior. He then proceeded to tell me more about the 1940 Packard Station Wagon.

As you can see, there is a model truck and trailer sitting on the running board of this vehicle, so I took the photo from the back seat. I actually think that might have been better perspective. I used a shot of the truck and trailer to start the current challenge in the Shutterbug.

But one of the most interesting things that the docent showed me was that the door was one of the only true wooden doors to be built on cars at the time. If I remember correctly, he told me it was a combination of mahogany and maple or oak.

It is actually fun interacting with the docents, they are very knowledgeable and tell you details that aren’t posted on the little information plaque. Most of the docents have backgrounds in the car industry, but this gentleman was a Forensic Psychologist. OMG, He was still working part time and I wanted to ask him more about his job. But I didn’t want to ask him too many questions and didn’t want him to end up analyzing ME! :eek:

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

damar

Lorell, that Packard is gorgeous!
                    Thanks to all the car collectors out there
                    who are able to house these old beauties
                    and keep them for the next generation.
                    Your photos are very well done too.
                    Been out all day and will have to catch up later!

Photos are ©2021
                    damar

At “work” today..actually, I didn’t have to do anything except
                        take photos!
                        (land surveying)

Set a new property corner

Photos are ©2021

Patty, Work, that four-letter-word. Do you still enjoy you job?
                        Thanks for sharing your remarks on the Packard Station Wagon.

Your photos are very crisp and colorful. It looks like it was a beautiful day there for you as you worked outside with your camera. We have not seen the sun for days and it has been very cold, though I did bundle up and took the dog for a walk. She had her coat on too. Do you drive that truck?

LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

damar

DH is a land surveyor/engineer.
                            He has GPS equipment and doesn’t really need a survey crew so I was just along for the ride. (and we planned to have lunch and take some pics
                            when he got the corners set)
                            We have 2 of those trucks (I can and have driven our other/nicer one, but the white truck was used for field crews for years and I can barely stand being a passenger in it, no less driving it)
                            :eek:
                            Started out a beautiful day with increasing clouds and rain coming tomorrow or Saturday.
                            DH loved the Packard and the little guy on the running board!

I’m still think about blueberry muffins!
                            Bisquick used to be a staple in my house many years ago,
                            but I got away from baking because we couldn’t afford
                            the extra carbs/calories.
                            Now I’m thinking, oh heck…its just a few muffins!
                            :lol:

Photos are ©2021
                          Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.