WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting > Oil Painting - Hall of Fame
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-07-2018, 05:19 AM
Lord of the Arts
Sevilla

Hails from Spain
Re: February : a painting a day challenge

Painting #6. "Snowman 3". I painted two snowmen earlier in January, posted them to Geoff's life painting thread of January and wanted to do this snowman too but didn't have time before. I spent more than 30 min with it because painting wasn't working well, I couldn't find easily the things I was suppose to paint in order to get it in 30 min time frame. This one probably turned out worst but the original snowman is kind of grey anyway. Might revisit this painting later. size: 22x15 cm, oil on wood board. the bg is cobalt blue.

#17   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-07-2018, 05:25 AM
Lord of the Arts
Sevilla

Hails from Spain

Marie-Thomas, do you have a real cast at home or do you paint from photo the cast paintings?

Painting #7. "Christmas tree", size about 15x15 cm, Fredrix canvas board. This board have many paintings underneath and not sure this will be the last one.

#18   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-07-2018, 08:20 AM
Lord of the Arts
Sevilla

Hails from Spain

Marie-Thomas, I might post only once a week from now on depending on how much I get done.
Hopefully someone else finds this daily painting thread and joins.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-08-2018, 11:46 AM

#20   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-08-2018, 03:02 PM

Hi Moscatel,

I love your christmas tree with those cool blues against that green mass. I would consider it a keeper.

I have the cast at home. The royal museums in Brussels still have their cast atelier with all the casts they used to share with the louvre and other european museums. its totally free and heaven for cast lovers :-) I only got the eye because they had that one on display but you can order any cast they have. They have hundreds and you can choose from 5 or 6 thick catalogues. (I see you have done your part of bargue drawings, I have done 5 or 6 but have not yet started a cast drawings/paintings)

I painted on little cheap canvas boards (10x15 cm and 12x18 cm) I still had laying around. They are absolutely horror to paint on because I started painting on smooth supports the last year and now its quite hard to go back to these very non smooth boards. The painting of today is on a bit of ampersand gesso board I still had laying and I absolutely loved it. Such a difference a support can make.

Thank you very much for joining me on this thread. It would have been very lonely otherwise. I might not get any painting done next week so it will probably be one a week as well but after that I'll try to come back to one a day. I learned so much by doing the same over and over. First paintings were almost 2 hours, than with the tulips about an hour each till today's effort witch was only about 30''.

I reworked today's effort a bit.

Last edited by Marie-Thomas : 02-08-2018 at 03:24 PM.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-09-2018, 10:49 AM

#22   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-09-2018, 02:47 PM
Lord of the Arts
Sevilla

Hails from Spain

Marie-Thomas, the big tulip painting is gorgeous! You have wonderful series of tulips. I like a lot your last post, the white pitcher and they are pearls showing out the pitcher, correct? I like the background color and brush strokes and also lovely loose ground.

Painting #8. "Three Polar Bears", 15x20 cm, wood board

#23   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2018, 06:49 AM

Aaarghhh, wasn't able to paint most of the month but managed to get a final one in just before my deadline. I'll probably pretend the next two weeks are still february

Last edited by Marie-Thomas : 02-28-2018 at 06:51 AM.