Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Schpirerr Farben Pencils

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Garden Maker

So here is a new brand of CPs for us to go crazy over. :lol:

Schpirerr Farben Colored Pencils

The price is incredible – less than $30 for the 72 set. At least one blogger has given them a good review, though I haven’t been able to find many other reviews at all, positive or negative. The Amazon reviews were good. The main complaint seems to be a lack of color names (they are numbered instead) and a lack of lightfast ratings.

Anyone here heard of them? Heikki?

At the price, I’m strongly tempted to get them and give them a test drive. What do you folks think?

[FONT=Arial]Sharie

[FONT=Arial]Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

ManedWolf

I’ve never ever heard of this brand! The set looks lavish enough to be interesting and at that price I’d buy it without hesitation if it ever should appear at this latitude. By all means get it and test!

Heikki

Garden Maker

Yes, I think I will. For the price, it’s worth it. If nothing else, I can use them on coloring books or doodling in my sketchbook and not waste the good ones. If they turn out to be awesome, we’ll all save some money! :lol:

Will keep you posted.

[FONT=Arial]Sharie

[FONT=Arial]Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Crabby2

Shari… I’m convinced! Just ordered them. I need more pencils like (another) hole in my head!! But I can’t resist for the price. Read the one review on the web and they sound GOOD.

Thanks for telling us!

Diane
                    Different Strokes for Different Folks....

Garden Maker

LOL! I hear you, Diane. It seems I’m spending much more of my time lately testing out all the new supplies I’m collecting and not much getting any paintings done. I’ve started researching better ways to use my camera, too, since I’m using it for still-life photos – more distractions!

Isn’t that website amazing? Her art is just gorgeous, especially the hummingbirds. If you get a chance, page back through the history to the gem heart she did – it’s absolutely unreal!

[FONT=Arial]Sharie

Crabby2

Sharie…are you talking about biophilicart.com. ? Her work is fab. I couldn’t find the gem heart though.

Amazing that Heikki didn’t know the CPs! He knows EVERYTHING.

Maybe I should keep my new pencils unused. Then when they become popular and expensive I can sell them for a fortune!! (Just saw a set of Sennelier oil pastels for sale on amazon for FIVE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED US DOLLARS.! I paid around $240.) Go figure!

Diane

Kosmon

Just saw a set of Sennelier oil pastels for sale on amazon for FIVE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED US DOLLARS.!

Must be the set Leonardo da Vinci used. . . .

Hemmed & Hawn
                                from
                                PERESTRELLO's BOX[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
                                Root, Bone, Sticks & Stone
                                Crabby2

Kosmon…you got it! I figure they must at least have Picasso’s fingerprints on them.

Actually, I looked at other things the company was selling and it was all outrageously expensive. I think they were using a different currency. Or there are lots of suckers out here.

Diane

Meisie

I’d be interested to know how you find these pencils. With the current colouring trend there is so much stuff coming onto the market. My biggest question would be lightfastness for work to be sold.

Charne
                                        Website & Blog - Reflections
                                        Prints

Crabby2

Hi Charne…They’re on amazon.

If you’re interested strictly in lightfastness there is NO data to be found. They are brand new. An artist named Sallyann at biophilicart.com was asked by the company to review the product. (The only review I could find.) She loved them. She is a fantastic artist. NOT COLORING BOOKS. BUT she is also concerned about lightfastness …she sells her work. Take look at the bird she did. It’s a good review.

On the other hand,for me the price is right and they seem great. So I bought them. And my work is worth more in the recycle bin.

Diane

Meisie

Oh they really sound good don’t they!! I hope Amazon in Canada stocks them soon (they don’t at this time) I like my Prismas, but it sounds like I would like these even more!
                                                So now we wait for lightfast info and open stock :)

Charne
                                                Prints

Dcam

I just ordered a set. Coming monday…..new toys…..YAY!
                                                    I wonder if good UV resistant spays would help with lightfastness.
                                                    I want to move from wax based to oil based pencils and this price is amazing.

Meisie

It would be interesting to see how the colours react -or not- to sprays. Now I just need Amazon to get up-to-date ;)

Charne
                                                        Prints

Crabby2

I have a feeling that WC is going to be busy reviewing these pencils in the next few weeks. I’m glad there are some real artists here.

I have to agree about them having no names. And the pencils don’t always match the color shown. I can’t see myself memorizing favorites colors by number.

But, HURRAY FOR NEW TOYS!!!

Diane

Crabby2

They just arrived!!! (Late Sunday afternoon.)

Just started a color chart on Bristol vellum back. Used the points they came with… i.e. not sharp. Heavy to very light pressure. I’M DELIGHTED SO FAR.

Very vibrant.
                                                                Smooth…. a couple might have been a bit scratchy..not sure. I love Pablo and
                                                                I think these might be smoother and softer.
                                                                Application is consistent with all colors so far. Feel alike.
                                                                Some of the leads definitely do not look like what’s shown on the pencil.

I have a feeling I’m really going to like these.

As to lightfastness….I think ill put my color chart in the window for a few days and see what happens. (Tried that with prisma neon, etc. Many faded in a couple of days!!!)

Diane

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.