WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Café Guerbois
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#106   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2002, 06:31 AM
Immortalized
Denver, Colorado (finally!)

Hails from Australia
have a guess!!

its a character from lord of the rings.

Meriadoc Brandybuck

although some people keep asking me if i'm telling the women out there who to marry...

meriadoc
(marry-a-doc)
20D | 30D | Sigma 12-24 EX | Sigma 24-60 2.8 EX | Canon 70-200 2.8L | Canon 580 EX II Speedlight with lumiquest mini softbox & Gary Fong lightsphere | Lensbaby 2.0 with macro kit | Holga | Lomo Actionsampler | Canon Rebel G | Canon Rebel 2000 | Canon Rebel S | Nikon FG & 50mm 1.4 for IR work | Seagull TLR | Canon Powershot S80 | Canon Powershot SD950IS. Some mine, some my business partners but we share so they are more ours
  #107   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2002, 09:11 PM
A WC! Legend
Perth Western Australia

Hails from Australia
Re: have a guess!!

Quote:
Originally posted by meriadoc
its a character from lord of the rings.

Meriadoc Brandybuck

although some people keep asking me if i'm telling the women out there who to marry...

meriadoc
(marry-a-doc)

I often wondered about your user name Thanks for clearing this up
  #108   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2002, 10:22 PM
Enthusiast
Melbourne (but I'm a New Zealander)

Hails from New Zealand
well...

it all started when I went to university, I had to keep explaining that I was 'Davena with an e' (Davena is meant to be spelt 'Davina', but my father misspelt it on the birth cert)... so anyways, one drunken night I was talking to a bunch of folk and went off to the bathroom and on my return I overheard them talking "what was that girls name again?"

"Wasn't it Diva?"
"Diva with an e?"
"D-E-V-A?"
"Yeah, yeah that was it!"

I didn't mention that I'd overheard them, but for whatever reason the whole 'diva with an e' thing stuck and I was either 'Dee' or 'Deeva' for the reast of the time I was at uni.

I added the 2nd 'a' to deevaa one day -- just cause I thought it looked better and that's it.

I usually sign my paintings 'dva' short for either Deevaa or Davena.
  #109   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-21-2002, 06:34 AM
A WC! Legend
Perth Western Australia

Hails from Australia
I love your name anyway it's spelt

My Dad misspelt my name too when I was born. I had the boy spelling.
But now I am legally TeAnne
  #110   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-21-2002, 02:41 PM
Immortalized
Iowa

Hails from United States
I think my name tells it all. Kinda plain name but in real life its delightful. I have them on me (at least one on my shoulder)most of the time. They make wonderful models and work for peanuts too..

Laurie
  #111   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-21-2002, 08:20 PM
Spain

Hails from Spain
<-- well.....ah....pretty unoriginal I guess.

But I've had a lot of fun reading about the rest of you!
  #112   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-01-2003, 11:16 AM
A WC! Legend
Perth Western Australia

Hails from Australia
Up-date time
  #113   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-01-2003, 11:56 AM
Enthusiast
Santa Fe ,New Mexico

Hails from United States
I'm a scorpio & i was 32 at the time......maybe i should change it to scorpio33 now
  #114   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-01-2003, 01:49 PM
Enthusiast
North Carolina

Hails from United States
Okay, this is going to sound really silly, but that's okay, just gonna show my youth a little bit . . .

I sit with the same group of friends at the same table every day at lunch; we've sat there since the beginning of last year, during which we discovered that the banana I had for lunch every day was shaped suspciously like a cell phone. One of us picked it up and started talking into it like a phone.

We created an imaginary friend named Ralph (three of us were reading Lord of the Flies in English class at the time - the main character's name was Ralph), who we talked to every day. This was freshman year, and the lunch periods were nearly twice as long as they were in middle school, so we found ourselves bored at lunch; we came up with a whole host of inside jokes that I'm not going to share.

So when I was coming up with a pen name for www.fanfiction.net (I can be found there as much as I'm found here), "talkingbanana" popped into my mind, in honor of Ralph and the banana phone.

#115   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-01-2003, 02:43 PM
Enthusiast
Southeast MI

Hails from United States
Quote:
Originally posted by LilKitten
lilkitten is my /nick on furnet if there are any other furries out there )

Kitten

Of course there are other furs out there. Just have to look in the right places.

I've had this nick for about 10 years now, and yeah, I'm a fur. I could go on a bit about how I got it and what a Black Tiger is...but I've done that before in a similar thread. Suffice it to say we're about as rare as the Sabretoothed ones. There's never been a live sighting of us, which suits because I am stay-at-home, an agoraphobe.

--BT
  #116   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-01-2003, 03:25 PM
Resting in Peace
Antwerp, Belgium

Hails from Belgium
Quote:
Originally posted by arlene
Um......it's my real name

------------------
http://arlene.artistnation.com

Mine too
  #117   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-01-2003, 05:44 PM
central Illinois

Hails from United States
Mine is an abbreviation of Kokopelli-that little imp of mischief dancing thru life playing his flute-

a quote from one of the many web sites about this little charmer, for those of you who aren't familiar with him-
"There are many stories of Kokopeli. One mentions that he is responsible for the end of winter and the coming of spring. Another Native American legend has it that when the Kokopeli comes playing his flute, the Sun comes out, the snow melts, the green grass grows, the birds come out and begin to sing, and all the animals gather around to hear his songs. Kokopelli and his flute bring the Spring out of the Winter."

He has a lot of fans, so I had to find a version not being used by someone else!

Carole
  #118   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-01-2003, 06:31 PM
NSW, Australia

Hails from Australia
I've just discovered this thread. It's sure been interesting to check back over the replies for the past 6 months or so. Thanks for reviving it Te.

Taminka (aka Minky), as I have confessed before, is really my cat.
I figured it was unusual enough not to have been used before.

She's a gorgeous blue point Birman and I think she knows I've borrowed her name - she's always glaring at me when I'm on the net

Cheers
Minky (aka Lee)
  #119   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Brisbane

Hails from Australia
What a great idea,

to everyone who knows me, my name explains itself ,............"purplewings",

I love butterflies, and my favourite colour is.......... purple.

The name was first used by one of my little grand-daughters, as I have, as she calls it lots and lots of purple-wings in my home.

Real name Sue

(I really need a purple butterfly as my "tinyhead", Have to find out how to do that.)
  #120   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-01-2003, 08:30 PM
Veteran Member
Australia

Hails from Australia
Names are very important to me, and in 1999 I lost both of my beloved dogs, and wasn't coping well with the loss.
In desperation I searched for a dog bread for Australian comditions, and came up with the Australiana Terrier
So I made some phone calls, and was told, after what virtually amounted to an oral exam about dog care, that these people did in fact have puppies available, but they were only 6 weeks old, and there was no way I could have her until she was 3 months old.
I got details of when she was born, her colouring and everything else I could think of, I knew she was what the breeders call blue and red. (I call gold and black) Then later on that day I went around to my sisters house, and she had this photograph she had taken of a sunset, up on her computer, all black and gold, a golden sunset, over an ocean that looked black.
My first reaction was that's it, that's her name. My sister's was My God you have to be joking.
The Yellow Topaz is a stone I love, So she became Topaze-Skye and as she was such a handful to raise, she got me out of my depression, and what better user name could I have? Love having her around, love seeing her on screen.