WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Computers and Technology for Artists
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-01-2011, 06:40 PM

Re: best Apple iPad apps for artists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkling
Wow, amazing how come that I totally missed the release of Art Rage for iPad until now? After all I love ArtRage and use it on my computer for a couple of years already.

Anyway, I have another good news, I was finally able to get myself a sort of stylus I can finally work with. It's point is still not as thin as I would have hoped for, but at least it's not so horrible like the Pogo. It glides smooth over the surface (no pressure needed) and the funniest part about it is that it looks like a little brush, so totally painterly feel here, too

I use the Griffin pen as of now but the size of the tip covers too much screen area making it difficult. What's the name of the stylus you bought and would you recommend it?
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-10-2011, 04:55 PM

Hails from European Union

The stylus I'm using is called iClooly or something like that. It sometimes comes as multifunctional stylus with different kind of tips, but only the brush tip works for capacitive screens like the iPad/Pod/Phone has.
Yes, it still is kind of broad, but it works for me, because I know when drawing with it that the point on the screen is going to appear exactly in the middle of the brush unlike with the Pogo or similar pens where the line would sometimes show up even 1mm above the spot where the pen touches the screen making the whole drawing process somehow unpredictable at times.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2011, 09:34 PM

Hails from United States

In case you haven't discovered it already, you might want to check out Artwork Tracker. Rather than being another art creation app (lots of those discussed in this thread already!), it's a submission tracking tool for keeping track of your artwork and submissions. It stores all the relevant info about your artwork (creation details, full-screen images, and so forth), client details, submission information, and statistics.

I released it last year, and just last week came out with an update addressing some artist suggestions. It also works on the iPhone and iPod touch, but is at its best on the iPad. I'm open to suggestions for feature improvements to make it even better
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member
Enschede, The Netherlands

Hails from United Kingdom

I can highly recommend Sketch Club...easily the best drawing app I've used on the iPad, and its developer is highly active, with improvements being made all the time. It also has a built-in community site, straight from the app.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sketch-club/id404414176

And the community website is:

http://app.sketchclub.com/
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2011, 04:15 AM

Got this app,

Free iPad paint app which is easier to use and very simple menu.
Best of all, it's FREE !

PaintByhand

You can check out pictures created by users on Fan Page

#36   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-18-2011, 10:08 AM
near Duesseldorf in West Germany

Hails from Germany

I love my new Ipad2!

Usualy I paint with watercolors or soft pastells.
I use the Ipad for sketches and colour studies before I start painting.

The first step is a black and white sketch. For this step I use "ASKetch".
It is a very simple to use app.

Then I import (using the Ipad album) these sketches into "ArtRage".
Here I can try different colors on different layers.
I use the airbrush tool.

Greetings from Germany!

#37   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Toronto, Canada

Hails from Canada

I've been using art apps on the iPad ever since the first iPad came out, and so far my favourites are: Autodesk Sketchbook Pro, ArtRage (mainly for the watercolor brush), Procreate, SketchClub.

Debbie
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-25-2011, 04:20 PM
London

I love my ipad and when I first got it I spent ages trying to compare apps and decide which was best, and then I thought that as none of them cost much anyway I would blow Ł25-ish and buy them all.

My faves are ArtStudio, Paintbook (which is vector so that you can export your pics as a PDF and print as big as you like), InkPad (another vector) ArtRage, Brushes, SketchBook, Procreate, Inspire Pro and Adobe Ideas (vector).

The pixel based apps export fairly small (except Inspire Pro which has a nifty exporter thing to make your images up to 4608 x 6144 pixels). The vector apps export as large as you like. I export them via email and use them professionally.

Of course, the ipad 2 is even better, and I'm sure when the ipad 3 comes out it will be better still. But I am happy with mine anyway.

Have you seen the Wacom Inkling? Looks like that will be a wonderful thing too, in a different way.

#39   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-08-2011, 08:14 PM

Thanks for the heads up folks. I am new to Wet Canvas and I am doing fashion illustration as I am a free lance fashion designer. I am torn between the HP Touchsmart which, as you may know, is a laptop tablet, and the iPad2. I am using Adobe Illustrator for my work at this time and probably would be able to use it on Touchsmart, but not on iPad. I have learned from you that only Sketchbook Pro and Brushes along with Pogo Stylist works with the iPad. I saw someone on YouTube sketching away on the iPad using Sketchbook Pro, so I had decided to get the iPad and that particular app, along with the stylus. If I can get the Touchsmart, it would be a blessing, but right now I think I might go for the iPad. Will let you know.

A lot to think about!
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-09-2011, 06:22 AM
London

Inkpad is a great vector ipad app, like a simple version of illustrator.

#41   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-14-2011, 03:12 AM

Hi,
You can check the following links,

artculture.com/featured/art-apps-gallery
mylifescoop.com/featured-stories/2011/09/10-best-ipad-apps-for-art-and-design-lovers.html

I think it would be helpful to you.

Thanks,
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Miami, FL

Hails from United States

My IPad is not being connected to Wi-Fi Network, also my IPad is very slow to charge? Can anyone help me to fix my IPad issues...