WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-11-2014, 11:08 PM
A Local Legend
Arkansas

Hails from England
Re: The Goalpost December 2014

Well I have been on the move and about to go off again for Christmas but I did get a couple of paintings done this month three of them pastels and one oil. I even managed a Spotlight and I haven't done that in several months. So last goal finish sending out my Christmas cards before I leave on Tuesday!! I posted my Holiday Greetings in the Pastel gallery along with the other two.
Barbara I enjoyed the blog and the paintings of Picasso. He did some beautiful realistic heads in clay too.
Well done all of you who completed goals and I hope to join you all in the New Year again!

C & c's always welcome
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2014, 04:15 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Hello Jen. I hope you enjoy your trip and your Christmas break. Have a good one. I wish you all the best for the festive season.
jim
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2014, 08:54 AM
Lord of the Arts
New England

Hails from United States

Hi Jen...Good to catch a brief glance of you before you leave again...
Barbara...congrats on your website...
Anyone heard from Robert lately? Wonder if he got swamped by the storm...

I'm still battling a bout of bronchitis...second time I've had it, and it really throws me for a loop...Haven't touched the pastels at all...don't want to take a chance with the dust...

C&C always welcomed and appreciated
JudiB
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2014, 09:56 AM

Hi Judi, I have read posts from Robert on other pages but have not noted the dates. He maybe under the weather but also may be fully engrossed in his writing.
Sorry to hear you are under the weather, I hope it clears up quickly.
I had some physio on my bow shoulder yesterday but the physiotherapist is away for Christmas so I wont see him again 'til January.
Jim
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2014, 10:40 AM
Newport Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Barbara, I really enjoyed your new website/ blog. My current pastel class assignment is cubism and like you I was surprised Picaso painted that portrait..more shocked by his age! Great info! Enjoyed seeing your work too. What a nice accomplishment all around!

Judi I have seen recent posts on other boards from Robert too. I wish he'd come post over here on the dusty side!
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2014, 12:30 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Yeah, that's basically what it is. Both under the weather and engrossed in my writing, which is mindless self-entertainment rather than anything particularly creative at the moment. More like goofing around getting ideas. I may get back to the real writing project around April.

It's been really cold and rainy here in San Francisco. There were serious waves and a transformer blew because flooding from the heavy waves in the bay got to it. So I was without power for two or three hours, a bit trippy.

This morning I've got Johannes class so that's still going to pull me in, also today it's a pastel class! Going to really pay attention because it's pastel cityscapes.

Purring and cheering on everyone on their goals, even if I'm sleeping through December I know y'all are doing great!

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2014, 02:08 PM
A Local Legend
Arkansas

Hails from England

Hey Robert did you see all the birthday wishes for you on this pastel talk site. Sorry the weather is getting to you.
Thanks for all the good wishes Jim, you too.
Judi hope you get well soon and have a good Christmas.

C & c's always welcome
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2014, 10:09 PM

Hello Robert, it is good to hear from you. Also that you are well, just keeping below the parapet with your writing and health issues. I do look forward to the day when you put these writings up on the web for download as I am always intrigued by a good story .
Jim
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2014, 05:09 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Barbara, your website is beautiful! Very professional. I would go ahead and put the nudes up but give them a tab under gallery, so people need to specifically select them. Personally I'd love to see them, I like nudes and your work is so beautiful that I know your nudes will rock. Butt icon it. If there's some way to butt icon blog entries that'd work too.

Purr yes, I did see my birthday thread! Big thanks to everyone who posted. I answered it yesterday I think, after I read it, but it might have gotten more comments now. Wow there's lots of us born in December.

I'm still sleeping a lot though, it's gotten cold suddenly. Like last year it's a lot more bitter than previous winters, must be the climate change. Very annoying since that grabs most of my body energy.

Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-20-2014, 06:00 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Busted the December Art Block today because Salvation Army showed up with this year's big Christmas box. I signed up and filled out the Wish List when they brought it around in November and got most of what was on it plus extras, a couple of good books including an old SF favorite "I am Legend," a great new deep purple bath towel I sorely needed, a hoodie, a thick soft purple velvet lap throw blanket... and a Kids Art Set plus letter size sketchbook.

So I did a WDE sketch of the roses with the crayons in the set. I draw better than I did as a kid. I couldn't fail with those supplies, but also got moved to work bigger than usual on bigger sketchbook. Maybe will start the daily art thing this month after all if I keep that handy.

#26   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-21-2014, 05:28 AM

Well done Robert. Back to some art this month. I have done quite a few wc art scenes with the Christmas card exchange. Mostly inspired by Alan Owen who helps us wannabe watercolourists with his demo's on youtube. Still some way to go with prepping for the festive season and visitors coming next week. Today it's oven cleaning day . Oh and make up the bed in the spare room as sister is coming up for a few days on Monday.
Jim
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-22-2014, 11:11 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Oh purr, those sound awesome, Jim! I ought to look up his videos on YouTube. Wow, you've got a life, guests and everything.

I came down with another bronchitis. Second time this winter. Ugh. December is just not going my way. If I paint again it'll be a big deal. Still want to do a Spotlight but may have to stick to watercolor or Pan Pastels or something on account of dust, bronchitis, mess etc. Not feeling like cleaning up dust now. Much drug out and sleepy.

Ari is bounding with health though, he rockets around the room celebrating his new food and happy with the world. Much lap time too and therapeutic chest purring every time I lay down.

#28   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-22-2014, 11:47 PM
Veteran Member
Kalamazoo, MI

Hails from United States

I hope you're able to kick the bronchitis quickly. I've been the victim a couple of times and it's not fun. I also contracted whooping cough the first of this year and put me out of commission for quite a while. It's popping up here again now and I'm going to call the doctor to see if I can get a booster.

Lousy way to spend the holiday. Stay warm and drink lots of liquids, my friend.

~Barbara
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-23-2014, 03:00 AM

Hello Robert, I too hope you are able to fend off the bronchitis. That is no fun to have at this at time of the year.
I liked the page of stuff you completed with the low cost art stuff and the colouring in exercise of Ari.

I picked up my sister from Lewes rail station yesterday. There were lots of delays despite all of the rail networks extra efforts to ensure there were none . But she was only 15 minutes late after a 6.5 hour journey, I didn't mind as I was a few minutes late getting to Lewes with all the traffic on the road.

I've caught SWMBO's cold , sister had one last week. I tried my remedy but it hasn't worked so I'll have to try it again (it involves lots of hot toddies).

I didn't put up many goals at the beginning of this month as too many were not art. That said I did manage the card exchange which meant doing some five snow scenes in w/c and one in acrylic.
jim
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-23-2014, 07:36 AM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Purr thanks Barbara! Mew Jim, that bites. Hope your remedy works. I tried some Vicks Vaporub and that actually is helping, forgot I had it last time so didn't take it till late in it. I think that actually knocks it out faster.

Yay for your card exchange!

Annoying to feel so sluggish and not get any art done though.