WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Café Guerbois
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2001, 08:39 PM
A WC! Legend
Perth Western Australia

Hails from Australia
Question What is the history behind your user name?

How did you choose it? Why? How personal is it? Or did you just choose any old thing?
Not trying to pry really, just thought it might be interesting.
Mine is a combination of first and second name. Terri Anne. I am in the process of changing it legally to TeAnne. It's been my art/poetry signature now for nearly 2 years.

------------------
ART by TeAnne
Quote:
I must make a piece of art everyday for my own well being.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2001, 08:53 PM
A WC! Legend
the sunshine coast

Hails from United Kingdom
Mine is a combination of my first name and surname

------------------
http://www.fletcherfineart.com
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2001, 09:03 PM
Enthusiast
Knoxville,Iowa. us

Hails from United States
mine is one initial from my name my husbands first name and my two girls-- and our last name. and well the #2 is because something happen to just kptad and i just added that for the sake of it

------------------
Art is life.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2001, 09:41 PM
A WC! Legend
Northern Ireland

Hails from United Kingdom
Mine is after an old guy from the small village where I grew up, when he was around there was never a dull moment, its pronounced tagh--er--a.

------------------
Every child is an artist, The problem is to remain an artist when he grows up,----Pablo Ruizy Picasso.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2001, 10:02 PM
Immortalized
there

Back when I was a rebellious adolescent (long while back), I signed my art ZOT (identity crisis of youth). It was a nickname and the long version was 'Mazotmaghandi' (a play on names) probably because I was the most peace keeping out of my punkish friends. Zotma was what the best of them called me. I sign my art with my initials now but the kid with a mohawk lives (though is much more behaved now).
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2001, 10:25 PM
Shreveport,LA USA

Hails from United States
mine is partially my first name,then middle name,then a partial of my last name.

------------------
Art is in the eye of the beholder
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2001, 10:26 PM
A Local Legend
"Fraggle Rock" Virginia

Hails from United States
Leaflin is a concept of a theme I am developing involving stories, characters and artwork. It is Leaf from my love of trees and lin from my given name Linda. I have used it for so long I forget I have another name.
Great Question.

Leaflin

------------------
"Imagination makes you see all sorts of things." Georgia O'Keeffe
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2001, 10:42 PM
A Local Legend
Where the Osprey soars free.

Hails from Canada
Mine is Animal , because I draw animals and birds and I like being around animals and nature.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2001, 10:51 PM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Mine is a name given to me by a close friend's little daughter. She couldn't say my given name, and called me Lulu. It stuck and now it is the name that my grand-daughter calls me too.
Lulu
PS Wonder how Joe got his???LOL! by the evidence in the Justice thread he better find another name quick!LOLOL!

[This message has been edited by Lulu (edited May 07, 2001).]
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2001, 10:54 PM
Veteran Member
Michigan,USA

Hails from United States
I have many nicks on the Net, but only go to one major one that I use on my email addys. But "Ohju" was picked to be different in here. It is short for "Oh Julie!"
That is what my husband says to me when he gets dissapointed. LOL! So I thought it was unique and mysterious.
~Ju

------------------
Art washes from the Soul, the dust of everyday life. ~Picasso
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2001, 11:45 PM
A WC! Legend
Lawn Guylind

Hails from United States
Um......it's my real name

------------------
http://arlene.artistnation.com
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2001, 12:05 AM
Maine, USA

Hails from United States
Cool

I have a love for animals, wildlife and a special affinity towards wolves. Thus the wolf aspect of my name. The wolf name is taken in many forms on the web so just plain wolf woudnt work.

As I am of the female persuasion I wanted the wolf name to reflect that. (Bit** was not cool although some thought fitting lol) I had a few people suggest the name Shiva for an on-line name, including my son. Shiva is a charactor on some game. She is like an Amazon type woman, strong, brave and not in the least bit timid.

So I put the two together and have used this name on the net for a couple of years now. It is also the name I use when playing on-line games.

Great question. I am enjoying the responses people have been posting.

------------------
<FONT face="ComicSansMS">Laurie Bouchard
aka ShivaWolf</FONT f>
OilSplats.com
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by ShivaWolf (edited May 07, 2001).]
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2001, 12:24 AM
Lord of the Arts
Canadian in Herndon, VA

Hails from Canada
Hrm, I've had a lot of pseudonyms since I went on line in 1988-89. Originally I was "Kitty" and then that one morphed into "Happy Spatula" so I could be anonymous on a not-to-be-mentioned old usenet group

When I started gaming in 1992, I was simply "Spat". Since we couldn't delete characters at that time and I unknowingly rolled the WORST stats in the world for that character, I created a new character and became Roan, the Ranger who loved horses.

Actually, I was known as "Roan the Duh, Idiot Savant of the Play Doh People", but that's another story

I was also Pez for a short time, on Black Knight's Realm DIKU and then on the alpha version of Sojourn DikuMUD. When Sojourn went beta and was opened to the public, I became Mystra, the Goddess of Magic. My mortal was Roan, of course.

So, since 1993 I've been Mystra and Roan. I no longer use Mystra, just Roan, and that's me

As for the name: I love horses, natch. My hair, although it has darkened over the years, has always been reddish in color. Now that it's getting peppered with grey here and there, the name is even more apt

------------------
<FONT face="Script MT Bold"><FONT COLOR="#AB4835"><FONT size="5">Roan</FONT s></FONT c></FONT f>
<FONT COLOR="#8A1010">"Chuireadh e na searraich bho dheoghal." --</FONT c>
<FONT size="1">It would put the foals from sucking.
(So bitter or disgusting.) </FONT s>
RoanStudio.com &lt;--- supply resources for pastelists!
Wet Canvas Community Web Ring! &lt;--- Shameless plug!
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2001, 12:43 AM
Immortalized

Hails from Philippines
Cool

Mine is the first initial of my first name B. for bobby (me mum had a thing for Redford when I was born), and my last name Aquitania, the filipino-spanish spelling of the roman (then in gaul or france) province of Aquitaine, circa 56 BC (had to look that one up).
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2001, 01:52 AM
A WC! Legend
So. California

Hails from United Nations
I read the topic line pretty quickly and thought "Oh, good, someone else has asked where the name 'Cafe Guerbois' came from, so I won't have to expose my ignorance..." So much for that!

I picked Rose Queen because (a) I have about 40 rose bushes and (b) I live in Pasadena, home of the New Year's Day Rose Parade for over a hundred years, for which a Rose Queen and her court is selected every year. I'll never qualify to be a "real" Rose Queen, but I grow gorgeous roses, if I do say so myself.

Now will someone please put me out of my misery and tell me what the original Cafe Guerbois is/was?

------------------
Art is anything you can get away with. ~Terence Trent D'Arby

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3