WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2019, 10:28 AM
PA

Hails from United States
Outside the Lines Chat Thread ~ May 2019

Happy May!! (I'd really like if it would start feeling more like May outside. ) Life has been kind of crazy busy (thus, missing the May 1 start for OTL ). Life in general has been busy, and I also started a new part time job at a local winery, so we're still making adjustments to the family schedule. It's a fun and zero stress job (except for the fear of messing up a checkout on the computer, but that will pass as I master the system). I'm still doing my journal, but other artwork has taken a back seat momentarily. Things should settle down a bit by the end of June, so I'm trying to enjoy the craziness and get life rearranged a bit.

Save
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2019, 08:19 PM
PA

Hails from United States
Re: Outside the Lines Chat Thread ~ May 2019

So, everyone else must be just as busy this month. Or are some of you just out enjoying the weather?? It has finally warmed up here. It's actually skipped right past spring and pole vaulted directly to summer. But I'll take it!

Save
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 07:27 AM
Lord of the Arts
Whitby, Ontario

Hails from Canada

We've been getting a lot of rain so there are flooding worries again. We live fairly near Lake Ontario and the water level has risen considerably. In 2017 our road to the lake was closed along one section because of flooding and right now one side of the road along that same section is flooded. Flooding in other parts of Ontario and Quebec has been really bad. Have seen the tornado destruction in the US on the news. And now the wildfires are starting. Lots of people suffering. Is the climate changing??
Revisited the sketch posts and see that Feb. was the last time anybody posted. I was enjoying your daily journal Elaine. All the sketch posts were a joy to see. Lots of talent here.
Vena
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 04:17 PM
A Local Legend
Toronto

Hails from Canada

May is coming to an end and we haven't got "together" here for too long!!!

We finally have some warm days, but the furnace is working often at night... We have the thermostat set high, since hubby is on blood thinners, but in my room I have had 26 C one day. Anyway, the temperature is up and down daily.

Our patio is looking like a jungle, with the ground covers blooming already, and some perennials pushing through, but I am lamenting that my beloved Hosta, with its gorgeous blue-green leaves, didn't make it through the winter.

Indoors, though, an orchid I got for Mother's Day 2 years back, is blooming again. Another one I got last year has 2 "keikis" (plantlets) growing. In order to plant them separately they need a good root system, and I am afraid that one aerial root doesn't qualify... After killing one I have experience!

This year I received beautiful flowers, small Irises and some Roses with unbelievable colours...

Enjoy the summer!!!

Boldness commands the eye, but nuances hold it there. Margot Schulzke
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2019, 07:16 AM
Lord of the Arts
Whitby, Ontario

Hails from Canada

The rose does look unusual, Raquel. Are you going to sketch it?
Vena
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2019, 07:18 AM
Lord of the Arts
Whitby, Ontario

Hails from Canada

I should say "Go Raptors". Toronto is basketball mad. Very proud of our team!!
Vena
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2019, 04:48 PM
A Local Legend
Toronto

Hails from Canada

I am not sketching much these days... I am working on a sustained CP botanical, which is ready to transfer to the good paper. Right now I am selecting the colours I'd use. Before I would start with the hard/er Derwent Studio, but looking at their scary fading, I gave them all away, including the never touched spare ones...! I will use my Polychromos instead. They never stayed on my paper, but probably I wasn't using enough pressure. Then on top I'd use the softer Prismacolor, Coloursoft, Pablo and Bruynzeel Design.

As for the Raptors I am happy. Basketball is the only sport that interests me, but not enough to attend a match, and we don't watch regular TV programming. We love movies on Netflix and our own large collection.

I remember enjoying watching live my favourite team, the Harlem Globetrotters, when they were in TO ages ago. My teenaged daughters worked in the refreshment stands, and they are in their 50s now...!!!

Boldness commands the eye, but nuances hold it there. Margot Schulzke